Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Food Random Post

I didn't make mention before, but see that picture??? My sister made sourdough balls that looked like pumpkins for Thanksgiving. Very cool.

When we first went to the buffet at Circus Circus it was Thanksgiving. They had, in addition to other things, traditional Thanksgiving fare, turkey, ham, stuffing. The next night they had some quite plausible tamales. I wonder if that's because it was into the Christmas season???

By the way, check out the first picture on the Thanksgiving post. That is a pile of apple pie on the boy's plate.

See this??? They have Elvis banana cream Reese's peanut butter cups. I haven't tried it yet, I shall update in the comments.

The weekend after this one will be quite eventful. The company Christmas party (no one calls it by its given name, the "Holiday" party) is on Saturday. The entree choices were filet mignon, grilled mahi mahi, chicken breast, or some damn vegetable thing. I don't think anyone is opting for the last one. I chose the mahi mahi.

My boys' school is doing their Christmas program on Friday night. Dinner will be served at that, too. Hope there are tamales!!!

And, following that weekend, Tuesday is Goodie Day!!!

There shall be cheese for all!!!

Mahi mahi... The fish so nice they named it twice!!!

I'm considering taking a vacation trip to Gilroy for the Garlic Festival this coming year. There is nary a food that isn't improved by adding garlic.

I'm considering trying my hand at making trifle for goodie day...

I was considering going into the cafeteria at my work and asking for a plate with a couple of slices of each kind of cheese the other day. Cheese is the perfect food!!!

See this??? My oldest boy was putting frosting on his (non-banana creme) Reese's cup!!!

I was in the store a few weeks back, and was looking to get some more microwave kettle corn popcorn, when I spotted Orville Redenbacher's latest creation, garlic popcorn. I actually said aloud, "Orville Redenbacher, you magnificent bastard!!!" I had to buy a box, and popcorn is in that category of foods improved by garlic.

That cheese picture was originally titled "Table with cheese for web". It sure is!!!


2 comments:

Aye said...

I wasn't especially impressed with the banana creme Reeses. Not bad, but I think I'll just stick with the standard ones. Another good one that I've had is the mixed nut big Reese's cup, quite good. I was thinking I'd pick up a couple more of the banana creme ones and give them (along with other stuff) to my parents for Christmas. My dad will get a kick out of the King tribute, and Reese's is one of my mom's favorite candies.

Anonymous said...

I'm crazy bout the Reese's crispy crunchy candy bar! (I think that's the name) daa-am! They are awesome!

swnurfg: Some wittle nerfy-nerds understand, rarily forgetting goodness
love,
me...oops...

God forbid! (the "me" comment)

pnk
the REAL one
The" L"
the one and only
the "P"... (last name)

the good one
the confused one
the.."ive had it" one
the.....oh, for cripes sake..."shove my love and prayers up my ass" one. (as said)

oh fuck it..

you know who