Thursday, December 13, 2007

You Want Gravy With That???


It's that time of year again. Yesterday they announced the cash profit sharing percentage for this year. Last year was 350%, a stunning amount to me. This year its 400%!!! Of course, I'm still under two years of service there, so I don't get all of that, just 4% per month, but still!!! For the people who've been there past two years, that's the equivalent of getting 16 months of pay crammed into 12 months. Of course, some days you go home feeling like you've done just that.



On the same day, I went to the deferred profit sharing meeting. Things just keep getting better, I tell you!!! This money gets put into a trust. It takes six years before you are fully vested, but check out what you get. 25% of your earnings for the year go into this trust. 25% of your base hourly pay. 25% of your overtime pay. 25% of that 400% cash profit sharing I just spoke of. Here's one I was not aware of. The company has a college assistance program for employees children attending full time. They pay up to $13,000 per year per child in school. Get this, on top of all the other 25% earnings you get deposited in this trust, you get 25% of the money they're paying towards your children's college!!! I'm considering adopting a few college bound teenagers!!! All the deposits into the trust, of course, are compounding interest.



It's all gravy to me, but one can never have too much gravy!!! And speaking of gravy, they're rolling out new paperwork tomorrow, so they had everyone do a half hour of overtime today, and an hour tomorrow and Monday. They were asking for volunteers for Saturday, but I've already got plans.



I know it's been a while, but have I mentioned that I really like this job???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
Now you can buy more gravy!
Love,.. gravy and mashees
You always get me hungry

Sometimes, I can,"taste" the enticing use of your verbage. Your words drip and roll pleasingly through my mind, down to my anxious awaiting tongue.

ahhhh...
flqwfedv: Frankenstein lives quietly with feelings ever dreaming vividly

pk

Bethany said...

Oh! Oh! I'll take that tuition money! Throw it over here. Undergraduate English Major at a major Canadian university -- what? What's that? They have to be YOUR children? We can pretend... can't we?

...shucks.

Congrats on the gravy though! That sounds pretty great.