Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks



Apparently most everyone in the family is planning on doing something else for the four day weekend, so my sister organized the Thanksgiving feast for Saturday. The food was great, and it's always fun seeing the extended family.



There's Eyeball and his girl. In case you were waiting for an update on that scene, May 18. 2008. Mark it down!!!



Have you heard the saying "If you don't have what you want, be thankful for some of the things you don't have"??? One of my sister's friends (and a distant friend of mine, we were actually in a class together in high school) was there, but without her husband or kids. One of the other guests (there were 40 people invited) was asking if we were husband and wife, and she replied, "No, but he's got a hairdo just like my husband's". I had no idea, but she filled me in. He was diagnosed with cancer, just after the last time we saw them. That was at my niece's graduation party. A very short time, but he's had chemotherapy, and the prognosis is good.



Then, there's my sister's boyfriend's daughter. This is the first time I've actually seen her, but I heard of her before. I don't remember what her affliction is, but she has poor motor control skills, and can hardly speak. However, she seemed to have such a cheerful disposition!!!



And look at this kitten!!! Doesn't it have pretty markings??? I don't think it's eyes are really two different colors in real life, just the way the flash caught them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day! To you and your lovely family.

:)

panks

epichxbp: every person in China has X-traordinary beautiful potential