Thursday, November 29, 2007

Donut or No Donut

As you travel through life,
Sister or brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye on the donut,
And not upon the hole!!!



Here's something that I came across, a blast from the past.

First let me preface the story with a bit of background. While my wife was making the rounds today, the Maverick started running rough. As she was picking the boys up from school, it got bad to where it wouldn't even idle. Any number of things that could be, but the two that came to mind were either a loose or broken vacuum line or an ignition system problem. She got a ride home and left the car there. After I got home from work, I went to the basement to gather my tools, as well as a spare coil and ignition module I had knocking around down there. While searching for the ignition parts, I came across a small box. I opened it and found three things: A #4 birthday candle, a clamshell with a couple of used screws in it, and this piece of paper.

When my older boy was a year or so younger that the younger one is now (or around 4, if you will) when we'd take him places and trying to get him to behave, we would bribe him with a trip to the donut shop if he'd behave. These are scans of the two sides of a paper I drew for him once when we were doing this. In case you're wondering about the specks on the donut, those are sprinkles. Used to be his first choice for type of donut to get. He called the sprinkles "Frostos".



Ah, memories!!!

5 comments:

Aye said...

Oh yea, fixed the car. First I checked all the vacuum lines, then I popped the distrubuitor cap off to check for moisture under it. Everything looked fine, but I noticed that the #5 spark plug wire was off the cap. I figured it'd come off when I pulled the cap, but when I put it back together with that attached, it ran just fine!!!

I think that if I had a job at a donut shop it would be funny to go hang out at the police station when I was supposed to be working.

Bethany said...

Glad you fixed the car car.

The doughnut thing is too cute! Ah bribing the innocent. Works remarkably well with university students too -- it's amazaing what we'll do for a free egg nogg latte.

Aye said...

When I called my wife after work today she started out by telling me, "I almost said you're going to have to put on your maniac hat when you get home, but I meant to say your mechanic hat". I dunno, kinda like the sound of that maniac hat!!!

Oh, and now I'm thinkin' egg nogg...

Anonymous said...

THe donut looks like an "eye" to me.

Since when do you direct your pics to another site?
odd?

Is blogger not allowing you to upload pics?

hope all is well.
panks

jnatdu: Just never accuse the delicious unicycles

Aye said...

bp1.blogger.com.... That seems to be where the uploaded pics go to now, strange indeed. Guess they don't feel like they're getting their money's worth from their techs if they don't change things around every so often, huh???

Oh yea, Bethany, I was wondering, what DID you do for a free egg nogg latte???