Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rained Out


The weather had been nice recently. The kind of weather that makes me want to take a weekend and go up in the mountains and camp. My dad had been thinking the same sort of thing, too. They haven't had a chance to take the two older grandkids on any camping trips this summer. We decided to meet up a Mallard Falls campground. I was going to head up Friday night when I got home from work. Friday morning the sky looked brooding, and it actually felt like it could rain. The weathermen were all hedging their bets, giving it a slight chance of rain. Mid day, it was clearing, but still with a lot of scattered clouds. Oh well, the boy was looking forward to going, we would head up and and see what happened. Worst comes to worst, we could sleep in the car. Wouldn't be the first time.

On the way to the short drive up the freeway, a few fat drops hit the windshield, but nothing that kept going or went for any length of time. On the freeway, it began coming down fairly constant. By the time we reached the end, it was coming down hard and constant. I turned to him and asked if we should scrub the mission. He concurred. We stopped at the video store and rented "Black Hawk Down" for something to do, I knew he would enjoy that movie, and picked up Chinese.

Last Thursday at work they told me right before the second break that they were taking me off training and putting me in number. That was the longest training period I've ever had!!! I hope I'm really up to the task. But, when I come back from my break, they have a long line order that they need. Typical is 5 to 8 lines. This one was 99 lines!!! I finished it off, one minute before quitting time. Monday I start going in on the third shift, at 9:45. I have a feeling that this shift will suit me well.

2 comments:

Aye said...

Yea, I'm just back from my first day doing so, and indeed it does suit me!!!

ROSTS = ROSTS!!!

LOL, too easy...

ROSTS = Right on, short time soars!!!

WhoIs Asking? said...

Blog about the cafeteria food ... I've never worked in a place that served us ... 'cept the hospital and we've all had hospital food.

I'm taking banana bread to work tomorrow *s*

secwtcc = something every cannibal will try: creamed corn