Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pretzels


I did it!!! We did it!!! I went and found a recipe for pretzels and we made up a batch.

No, I did not do the depraved style that Granny has been doing of late.


I remember from back when I was about the oldest's age getting the recipe out of National Geographic's World magazine and
making up a batch of these.

I called up my mom and had her pull the recipe, but I could tell it wasn't the same one. The one I'd done had a step where you blanched the uncooked pretzels in a baking soda solution. She confirmed the recipe she was reading was from a cook book.

I did a search and came up with this one, more like what I'd remembered!!!

They are pretty easy to make, but a bit time consuming. The dough gets rather elastic after rising, and doesn't want to make into the long snakes so easy.

It took a while, but it was well worth it!!!

They rock!!!

6 comments:

Granny said...

WOAH!! Gimme BACK muh pretzel recipe you pervs!!

Looks way kewl aye...

Lilly said...

clickty bump clickty bump ....

Nice thing to do with kids!

Looks like they had a great time!

Nice photos!

clickty bump clickty bump.....

Aye said...

clickty bump clickty bump??? Is that you coffin', Lilly???

GFCZWXL = Granny found candy zerps with Xtra licorice

Granny said...

WoooooHoooooo!! I gots me sum candy zerps wiff Xtra licorice..

Granny said...

LMAO@scary cookie sheet..


MHYFIXSS: My Hot Youthful Filthiness Is X-raying Some Shit..

WhoIs Asking? said...

Our pretzel making experience isn't as much fun.
Remove plastic wrap ... open box ... place on equally scarey cookie sheet ...

ikrapnp = i know rambo ate pudding not pretzels