Monday, October 30, 2006

The Pumpkin Gallery

FINALLY got out Jack-O-Lanterns carved. It was only yesterday that we bought the pumpkins. First up is the younger boy's submission. Of course, his brother and I did all the work, but under his direction. Triangle eyes and nose, and an ANGRY mouth with teeth. He didn't like the pupils I'd put in at first, but decided they were good after it was all done.
Next is obligatory 512 pumpkin, representing!!!
Here's mine, I did wild eyebrows and cat style eyes. Just eyes peering out. Simplicity.
The older boy's submission. He was going to do X's for the eyes, but as you can see, they went awry. I'm proud of him and his work, though, I think this is the first year he's pretty much done the whole job himself. Not to mention he did a lot of cleaning of his brother's.
And Naomi's. You can't really see in the picture, but it has a diagonal ridge over the eyes, so the eyes follow under it. Afterward, it was decided a unibrow over the eyes would add to it.

6 comments:

Granny said...

Great jobs done by all..

Doc said...

what does 512 represent? )

Granny said...

Wish Lilly could see this...

Bethany said...

They're pretty cool pumpkins, I must admit. I was busy this year and lacking energy (/time/inclination) so I left the pumpkin-ing to my darling father who put together a decent, but fairly standard pumpkin. It was better than our neighboor's though, so I feel a measure of superiority. My, you have a lot of gourds!

Granny said...

Aye, be sure to show these to Lilly when she's back on...Especially the 512

Lilly said...

Love these! 512 is my favorite! Great job!

Psst.. Doc, 512 is a international organization that represents all that is good in the world, from all over the world.

Founded in 1996 in North Carolina, this organization has several hundred members. Membership is by invitation only.

512 is listed in the urban dictionary for further information.