Thursday, October 19, 2006

Night Shots


What a day yesterday!!! On my way into work, at the left turn before I'm there, I notice steam coming from under the side of the hood. Hmmm, that normally doesn't happen!!! At that point I looked at the temperature gauge. Yea, it was near to the top of the gauge. Who needs idiot lights when you've got an idiot behind the wheel??? When the light changed and I got moving, it came right down to mid-temperature. I popped the hood when I got there, and all it was doing was shooting a little steam out of the puke tank.
At second break, I took a 32-ounce cup of water out to top off the radiator, see if that did the trick. It took almost all of it, then at the very end it started pouring out of around the water pump. OK, that's probably the trouble spot.
I decided to go to my parent's house after work (if the car makes it that far with no ill effects) and swap the Geo for the Falcon, which is still down there for paint finishing. I made it without incident, and got to visit with my parents and have a little dinner.

It was nice to be driving the Falcon again. It's a nice ride, but it still needs a little this and that. The fuel gauge was a little on the low side, but I figured if it didn't make it home, I could just give AAA a call and have them bring me some gas. Made it most of the way, and about a mile away it started cutting out. I pulled over and called AAA. Fortunately, I had my camera with me to pass the time, experimenting with night photography. Interesting effect!!!

5 comments:

me said...

Glad you made it to your parents. I really like old cars.
I like when blog post comments get real long too, when the conversation is interesting. I think Seren topped us all on that!
: )
Have a great day AYe!

susan said...

Thanks for passing your time. Love the photos too, Mr Carful.

Doc said...

And this is why I don't drive... exactly why... ok that and I don't know how to.

Bethany said...

Hi!

It was great to have you drop by.

That is one of the reasons I wonder if I will ever decide I want to drive. I know abolutely nothing about cars. Nothing. And nothing in me desires to learn more. So things go wrong, and I'm toast.

The pictures were neat though.

WhoIs Asking? said...

Alcoholic's Anonymous is handing out free gas now?

ppnnmuc = purple pygmys never need musical unbrella chords