Thursday, August 10, 2006

Number of Power


I'm somewhat numerically inclined. Comes with the job, I suppose. Never especially cared for math when I was in school, but I did OK and managed. I see numbers that come up in the course of everyday life and oftentimes associate them with things. For example, if I see the number 288, I'll think to myself "That's too gross!!!" LOL, I amuse myself. A lot of times I'll see a number like 289 or 327 or 440 and think "a number of power", because they correspond to popular engine displacements. My last post corresponds with the displacement of my first car, and also one of my current cars (which is a near match to my first car). Although not especially powerful, it has good torque and is easy to work on and quite dependable. Largest inline six that Ford ever put in a passenger car.

This tool I'm making at work for an industrial application is comprised of 13 columns by 17 rows, netting 221 per tray. The tool will form two at a time, for a total of 442 cavities. 90,000 bonus points to the first person who can tell my why that is a number of power and what it corresponds to without using a search engine!!!

I had ordered the material last week to make this tool, and it was Wednsday before they finally paid the supplier so we could get more aluminum from them. Fiscal mismanagement, I tell ya!!! On Monday I wrote all the programs for it, and cut a row of three for practice and to see how it would come out. Not perfect, so I modified my proggie and cut three more, then modified my offset and cut another three!!! That's the 9-cavity one here. I even cut the outside like the 221 version will be.

I wrote the program to cut a row of 13 at a time, then you modify the fixture offset to move to the next row, then cut that. Takes about 25 minutes per row. There were four left to cut when I wrapped up yesterday, and I'm taking vacation next week!!! I showed Raffi how to do it before I left, so he can finish it off. Also have another customer who was wanting parts yesterday, and the salesman was asking about it. Duh, I wasted almost a week waiting for material!!! Fine time to make it a priority. I said it before and I'll say it again, lack of planning on your part does not justify an emergency on my part. I had that one all programmed, too. I'm so far ahead of the curve that I'm onto the straightaway!!! I showed Raffi where all that is, too, he can deal with it. Now I'm the programmer and he's my set up man and operator!!!

Here's the danger tape out the side door I spoke of. I like the way that picture came out framed.

Here's a better aerial shot of my house than Eye got. Google Earth kicks ass!!! Its an older picture, at least a couple years. I can see my Camaro in the street and my Falcon in the driveway. A moment of silence for the Camaro.

Another shot of one of the feral cats. See the tip of his right ear (right side facing her, I mean)??? Sammy took the "main three" and had them fixed. I did not know this, but animal control will fix and release feral cats, but they clip their ears to signify that this has been done. The little black ones are newcomers and not yet altered, but they are way spooky so it may be hard to get them done. Lilly was right in referring to a group of cats as a clutter. A group of cats is called a clutter, a baby cat is called kitten, a male cat is called a tom. For another 90,000 bonus points, and once again without using a search engine, what is a female cat called???

One of my vector control ordinances blew off the beam, but look what the heat and fumes did to the rubber band!!!

I also finally updated my wallpaper page this morning for the first time in ages. A picture I took yesterday.

5 comments:

Lilly said...

numbers.. YUCK.
First question, I have no idea..

A female cat is called a QUEEN, according to the search engine. LMAO...

Riddle me this. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Granny said...

Wallpaper pic of the week is KEWL!!

Aye said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aye said...

OK, Lilly, I'll give you 45,000 points for answering correctly even thought you did use a search engine. 45,000 extra points for copping to it, your integrity is above reproach!!! Don't get me started on chucking wood, LOL, but if it were me, I'd chuck all the wood I could if I could chuck wood. Come to think of it, I can chuck wood and I chuck all of it I can!!! Damn, Lilly, you got me started now!!! *looking for some wood to chuck*

Granny, thanks. Not an overwhelming sunset, but a nice one. I need to do that on a more weekly basis, its really not that hard to do.

Eyeball, well played!!! 90,000 points to put you and Lilly in a tie!!! Yes, a bitch-kitty is properly referred to as a queen. I learned that years ago and think that is the perfect name for them, don't you???

Nay-Nay, even with the knowledge that it is a cool vintage Olds, a lot of people erroneously think that it refers to the displacement. What about
Sparky
the cat???
She was SOOOOO lovey to you. I remember the way she would always come and hang with you when you'd be getting ready in the bathroom, standing at your feet with her tail in a question mark.

AEIPD = Antsy epidemioligists inspect pecular dildos

Lilly said...

I know a bitch queen. She is my sister, but she has been once removed.

hahahaha aye.. you know how my brain thinks a leetttle too much...

chuck that wood... hahaha..