Sunday, August 27, 2006

I Don't Get It


This is kind of a post that I felt Mad Max would have blogged about if he had seen it. We went to the nature center again today. It was a really nice day for it, bright and clear and not too hot outside. There is a park and picnic area in the same parking lot. While Naomi was going to the restroom, I noticed a car with its tail light blinking. I could only see one, so I wondered if someone had turned their hazard lights on for some unknown reason or what. I got closer and saw that it was just the left turn signal. Strange. Maybe they had it on turning into the lot and it didn't cancel, and now they had returned and were getting ready to leave??? I got closer and discovered that this guy was in there, reclined, with a kid on his lap. The kid was playing with the controls and stuff, turning the wheel back and forth and doing the signals. I wondered what is the point of going to a park (especially one where you have to pay $6 to park) and not getting out of your car??? "Oh, it's too hot out there, I'd rather stay in here and burn my $3 a gallon gas and run my air conditioner"??? Maybe they are just waiting for someone in the restrooms or to finish packing up their picnic or something??? I slyly took a picture anyway. I might have given them the benefit of the doubt, but when we came out and were leaving more than an hour and a half later, they were still in the running car!!! I took a picture as we drove by. You just know that they are the kind of person who had to have the convertible model, but NEVER drives with the top down!!!

3 comments:

WhoIs Asking? said...

truly odd ... I was going to make a Max Factor post!! I bought this really neat shade of black/brown the other day and ... GET THIS! ... I had to turn LEFT to get to the store!
Strange, small little planet we all live on.

Granny said...

NO LEFT TURNS GONKSTER!! LOL..

Lilly said...

I have left turn phobia...