Sunday, January 15, 2006

Regular Weekend for Some, Long Weekend for Others

My weekend is drawing to a close. Some of my friends as well as my son get tomorrow off. I could go for another day off, but having just come off the long break I had for Christmas, it would be a little soon. I don't think I've got a paid day off until Memorial day. Not like I don't usually have three day weekends most of the time anyway. The plant manager had asked if I could come in on Friday and do a layout for the next tool. I told him no, I've got therapy, how about Saturday??? He gave me his cell number and told me to give him a call. I did, but he never picked up or replied to my messages. Out of my hands.

It was a nice weekend, very relaxing. I had the therapy on Friday, and I had made an appointment with my doctor because this virus or whatever it is was still hanging on. It seemed like it was abating a couple weeks ago, but then it came back. He prescribed me some antibiotics, as well as the Tussinex that Lilly recommended. He was going to prescribe a codeine-based syrup, but changed to that when I mentioned it. Ironically, now that I've got all that I seem to have all but kicked this.

The last two evenings I've gotten to listen in on some of the aforementioned fun with the phone. Last night I took my MP3 player and was sticking it between my headphone and my ear to record some of the completely fabricated conversations. The audio on them wasn't that great, (especially after my boys got home from the birthday party they were at and turned on the TV) but you can understand what's going on. If this remains one of those things we do, I may have enough to make a CD of these!!! One thing that tripped me out a little was when Lilly came up with a number to call that was one digit off from mine, only in the 512 area code!!!

It was a cold and drizzly day yesterday, perfect for staying in and making a crock pot of split pea and ham soup. It came out quite good, even though the honey ham that I picked up last weekend that looked like a solid chunk turned out to be sliced. I updated my wallpaper page with a picture I took just for the occasion. A lot of the plants in my yard have been blooming, and I took a picture of a bird of paradise flower. The geraniums and one of the naked ladies are blooming, and all the lilies by the driveway are coming up. They should flower right around Easter, they usually do.

Today was the opposite of yesterday, it was bright and clear, but a little chilly and windy. My wife had the idea to go to In The Skin and have them install the new nipple ring she got me for Christmas. The one I have now is a hoop with a bead on the bottom end, I think it is torsion ring. When she bought it they told her they would change it no charge. The new one is a bent barbell design with screw-on ends. Got there, and the piercer wasn't there. He'd taken the afternoon off to watch the game. So, we went out to lunch at Del Taco. After that, we stopped by Staples to get some dry erase pens (did I make mention here of the dry erase sudoku boards I made up??? I can't remember) My firstborn son wanted to look at the PC games to see what they have. There was a Harry Potter game for only $19.99 and one called midtown madness for $9.99, so he spent the bulk of the money he got for recycling there. I happened on an Atari collection of 80 arcade and 2600 games for $9.99, and my wife found a Dora the Explorer game that we got for the younger's upcoming birthday. Ended up spending a lot more than I had intended there, but the bulk of it was my son spending his recycling money. Next door to there is a Beverages and More store that I've always wondered about, so we ducked in there to look around. A lot of wines and specialty beers, and a lot of strange sodas. I picked up a Boylan Cane Cola, made with cane sugar instead of the normal high fructose corn syrup. I'd read not long ago about the Coca Cola from Mexico having a different, better flavor because of that, so I wanted to try it. It was very good, a different kind of sweetness to it.

No comments: