Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Weekend

Saturday I went to my parents house to help my dad put the engine back in his Studebaker. He just had the vintage 327 Chevy mill rebuilt for his Christmas present. It went rather easily, even though we weren't focused on getting it all hooked up and running at this point. Basically all we did was swung it in, attached the transmission and flexplate, and bolted in the motor mounts. He had his car club meeting to go to that afternoon, so he left a little early. I tried to help my mom set up her E-mail account with outlook express, but something wasn't working quite right there. Yes, Kabila's Help Desk makes house calls, and the motto still applies: Kabila's Help Desk, where we're not really that much help!!!

Today was a day of running around. Yesterday before I left one of my son's lady friends from school called up and asked if he wanted to come to her birthday party. At noon. Of course, we didn't get a chance to get her anything, so we ended up heading out first thing this morning to get her a gift card, then over to her house to drop him off. It was the first time I had ever been to her house, which is on the far side of the freeway from ours. We got there and the girl's mom and the dad of his other lady friend who lives behind us are in the front room jamming Creedance on acoustic guitars, while another lady was accompanying them on a saw!!! It was pretty wild. We were planning to drop him off and be on our way, but we ended up staying there instead. They have a great little place, older construction as a lot of the places around here are, but with a nice plot of hillside land around it and a great view. You can see the Hollywood sign from their place.

After we left from there, all of us were hungry. I had birthday cake for breakfast. Sammy and I had been talking about pastrami last week before we got to talking about eating breakfast, and I still had the thought in my mind. I had gone to In the Skin on Friday on got my new nipple ring installed, and just down the street from there is a restaurant call The Hat (the site wasn't up when I posted this, probably not worth clicking on that link), known for their world famous pastrami. Rather high priced, but usually pretty busy. I took the family there for lunch. While we were in Pasadena I stopped by Beverages and More again and picked up a couple of sodas and a six pack of Stargazer India Pale Ale. With a name like that I had to try it (same goes for the pictured "fuckola cola", although I'm a little skurred to know what goes in that!!!) Pretty tasty, you can really taste the hops in it.

I got home and read Granny's comment that she wished she knew how to do the film strip trick that I do in Paint Shop Pro, and that got me to thinking about putting together a Kabila's Help Desk page, so I started searching for an appropriate image to use for it. As so often happens when I go searching for something, I find some other shiny object that distracts me. This particular one was a site that has some artwork, mostly done with pens and pencils and various image programs. The art is interesting and somewhat to my liking, although not at all in my style, and a couple of the titles caught my interest. One is titled Aye Dog, the other one is called Lilly SWATT. The one that linked me to it, Help Desk, I found compelling. Gotta love an artist who lists under mediums used to create their images xanax and lithium!!! I haven't updated my wallpaper page this weekend, if I do perhaps it will be one of this guy's images...

2 comments:

Lilly said...

wow! what a weekend. never a dull moment. glad it was fun. i absolutely love those images. the help desk was great! somebody stuck a cock n my heart. yup, i feel their pain.

Granny said...

Awesome images...I enjoyed em alot... Love the car...Glad your Dad got back ok...Lemme know when you get the, 'help desk' page done... Also, at some point I think I would like to make a web page now...You had suggested it at one point...I think I might be up for it now...