Monday, August 09, 2021

Randoms

It's been a while. I've taken a few decent pictures and had some adventures.

A couple of weeks back I took one of my vacation days, and the boy and I went for lunch then to the beach. I had been thinking of getting some breakfast food at the Golden Star in Long Beach, but since the day had gotten away, we opted for Denny's, in fact went to the one near where I used to work. He'd never been to this beach, and it's been years since I've been there, Cabrillo beach down by San Pedro. It's got a beach facing the port, and another facing the ocean. We opted for the ocean side one, for a little more surf action.

It was a pretty good time at the beach, except it was SUPER windy, and we were getting sand blasted except for the part where we were in or near the water. He found a shell that's the hugest I've ever seen in West Coast waters!!!

We saw this pretty elaborate artwork on the dust of a car in the next lane, so I took a picture.

Last week I was on my walk during the Golden Hour, and I came across a fairly large murder of crows. I walked to the far side of the road so as not to disturb them too much.

I heard recently that cats will respond to 2 dimensional squares just like they do to boxes. Of course, I had to try it, and it seemed to work!!!

Remember last year when I began my working from home position??? I haven't made mention, but I ended up transitioning to another department, doing the pre-catalog work of getting the information on dimensions, and just recently there's been some department consolidation, and starting this week, I'm going to be the only one doing this work, going from 3 of us to just lucky me. Anyway, I'd realized not long after I'd done the CAD design of an Ion rim back when I was just getting started, it wasn't very accurate in the shape of the openings. I went back and made a new one just recently.

No comments: