Sunday, May 03, 2009

Lucky 13

Today (well, technically yesterday) was the first born's 13th birthday observed. Came out good.



To start off, I've included a Halo 3 logo for reference. Since he's into this series of games, I thought an interpretation of this logo, slightly modified, would do as a cake design.



The weathermen had been predicting rain for today, but it had all blown through by this morning. One of the things he'd wanted to do is have a water fight, not quite as much fun if it's already raining!!! Nice weather today.



He had invited several friends, but only three made it. That was okay, they spent most of the day playing Xbox games in their room. The beginning part of the festivities took place in the living room, playing Halo 1 multi player on a few of the computers. Too noisy out here, much more pleasant when they were all in their room. Here he is, opening the Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution game from my parents. It elicited a "WHOO HOOO!!!" from him, that Halo Wars from me hadn't. I called him on that, and he ammended it for that, too.



All three of the younger cousins came, as well as my parents, middle sister and her boyfriend. More family than friends, but they still had a good time. In case you were wondering, the number 6 candle was the only candle we had. Always short on candles, it seems. Also, if you were wondering, the chip in his hand is what he extinguished said candle with, which was likely a good thing, being as he was chewing on the pizza slice in his hand at the time!!!



And here they are, playing Xbox in their room!!! As you can see, they spent all morning cleaning it up!!! I've not made mention, but note the television. In the basement, I have had since I moved in an old RCA console TV, from back in the day when TV's were actually stylish furniture. Of course, the electronics on it weren't working, but I was able to meld it with my old Toshiba Blackstripe and come up with old world styling with space age technology!!! It's not a real smooth transition around the bezel, but I may be able to do something about that, eventually.



Oh, and water fight??? Not as epic as last year's, but there weren't so many participants. My parents also got him a couple of packs of water balloons, which they used several of. In my opinion, some of the best parts were when I got a pot of water and dumped it unexpectedly from the head of the stairs to where they were filling the balloons!!!

2 comments:

susan said...

Lucky 13 indeed!!!
Glad all ya'll had a wonderful time. I can see by the photos they are growing up fast. BTW the cake looks very artiz.

Anonymous said...

Don't know how I missed this post first time around?

Great post!

Happy belated b-day! I always seem to scramble for a candle too but it is a tradition, that I have to always have an extra wish candle on every cake. One year the only extra one I had was one of those Glade re-nuzits in the glass jar...actually put it on the cake.

ha!

That extra wish is far too important to me, for everyone

Yes, when I saw the tv I was actually flashin back to the tube in the house I grew up in...we had the same one.

I think it's so cool, that the kids still use it.

great cake Aye

and the kids look so happy

great photos

pank

synyb: see ya next year baby!