Sunday, November 02, 2008

Quad CupDate, Part II

I did this drawing on my cup around the middle of last week. It was a rip off of the artwork from one of my son's games, Portal. Not bad, considering it was from memory.



The funny part was when I came back to the printer, and everyone (middle shift included, even though it was already their time to go home) gathered around. One of the girls says to the others say, "There's Mr. 512, ask him what it's supposed to be." They did, they were thinking, "Beware of Manhole", "Man Going Down", "Man in the Hole", "I'm outta here" for possible meanings. I asked them if they'd heard of the video game Portal, and most of 'em had not (one guy had, his geek cred has been duly increased in my estimation), and I explained.



I noticed when I got home that I'd drawn Portal Dude mirrored to what the actual artwork is. My dyslexia rocks!!!



After my last couple of cup drawings, last Friday turned out to be incredibly slow for the last part. One cup, but two different drawings on this one. One side, the one I started out on, I drew the portal exit over a desert island. On the reverse side, I did the portal dude once again (again, mirrored, w00t!!!), only this time adorned with a grass skirt and a lei!!!



No one had to ask the meaning of this one!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these cups are really great!

Good Job and how cool that everyone is getting all into them.


buglubpo: haha

pk

susan said...

Don't forget your surfboard to hang ten on. I like your Portal cup
illustrations