Sunday, November 30, 2008

Goblin Mail Fail

I'm SO far behind on making posts, I thought I'd start small with a little cupdate. Some background is in order, so here goes...



I don't know if I ever made mention here or not, but in any case, I shall write of it now. A while ago at work, they implemented a change, where they have four fillers not in the number (i.e., assigned to a specific printer), but instead are what they have termed "time fillers". Now, the regular fillers can set aside any documents that weigh more than 40 pounds, require cutting of material, or is a count of 100 touches or more. Surprisingly, our numbers are up since these changes. The original way it was done was to have one time filler on each floor for the blue bins, and one time filler for both floors of the red bins. This created something of an imbalance, as some floors would have nothing, and others would have several. A month or so ago, they gave all the time fillers radios and had them dispatched by one of the supervisors to where to fill. Two weeks back, they changed that to an E-mail system, accessible at all our terminals, so when you get a time fill, it generates a message from that printer. Therefore, all day long, the printers are popping up the message, "You've got mail".

Stream of consciousness, while playing Runescape, one of the items sometimes dropped by a killed goblin is goblin mail. Every time I'd see the "You've got mail" message, I would think, "You've got goblin Mail", so I put this on the side of my cup!!!

Something I discovered about Baby is that when the trunk is open, there is a nice area just the size of one of my cups at the top edge, and makes a great place to set it while unloading. Of course, you should always try and remember that you've set it there. Before I was able to get a picture of this cup, I forgot to remove it before shutting the trunk lid.

I've made mention before of my fondness for LOLcats, and another affiliated website that I will sometimes visit is FailBlog. So, here you have it: Goblin Mail Fail!!!

Speaking of Baby, my last tank (well, I've actually got one fill up since this, but that will follow) took 10.2 gallons for 307.8 miles, for a very nice average of 30.18 MPG. I replaced the air filter halfway through this tank, and it seems to have done some good. Incidentally, this fill up takes it to exactly 100 gallons bought, and 2964.3 miles travelled, for a lifetime average of 29.46 MPG.

1 comment:

susan said...

It sounds like you could use some goblin diplomacy in regard to picking up a good batch of mail, which may lead to greater rewards.

Of course at this time I can only give a general guess as to how play the game of Runescape.

The good thing about imagination is you're always able to play with a fresh start, thus a crush cup in a moment of thoughtfulness is: a chance to recoop, and recover, and always remember that having family and friends is the true treasure in life.

ÃÝË you make me smile, you're an artist with cupdates, with or without a shirt on. ;)