Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One of the Stupidest Things I've Seen

Oh, SO many things have happened!!! I've got four more cup pictures that I may or may not post, I've gassed up Baby again (who direly needs a bath, but small amounts of intermittent random rain have made that seem like a bad idea) and a lot more pictures I need to get off my cameras (video and still), but I'm going to share this one.

Weekend before last, my wife and I decided to see if we could possibly hit the Wicked lottery again, TWICE, and take both the boys. If not, we'd go on (just a ways up the tracks) to Universal Studios. We got there, and all put our names in. My wife told me later that when she saw our younger putting the first letter of his name on the slip, she knew he was going to get drawn. He did, and we bought two tickets on his draw, and waited to see if another name would come up. Another of the entrants had only wanted a single ticket, so at the end they were drawing for a solo seat. I think it was my wife's name that came up for that, and I was thinking of sending the other boy, but since the seats were split up, we decided not to. Besides, the older boy had already expressed interest in going to Universal instead. Momma and the younger stayed for the show, and we headed on. One of my friends from work also showed up with her girlfriend for the drawing.

Up the tracks we headed, and spent a fair amount of time at Universal. Being it was the first of November, a lot of the scary decorations were still up. Of course, I was prepared for the theatre, and didn't have my camera. It rained on us, we rode the Jurassic Park ride several times (in honor of Michael Criteon's impending death???) and the Mummy coaster more than a few, too. At the end of the day, we lined up for the Simpsons ride, which always has the largest line. Getting on, we were in the front of the car, and there was some commotion and confusion with the loading of the back seats. I thought nothing of it.

Very shortly after the attendant left the room, there's more commotion from the back seats. I look around, and one of the girls back there is all twisted with her leg wedged funny under the safety bar. The other girls back there are calling out for the attendant. We all start calling out, but no one is coming. I'd thought she'd gotten pinned under it wrong when it closed, but she was trying to get out from under the bar, and she did before the ride got underway!!!



We all told her just to hold on and stay down. She laid down across the back seats, and was that way throughout the ride. I have no idea what her deal was, if she was claustrophobic, foreign and didn't understand what was going on, or whacked out on goofballs, but it was about the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Probably made more so by the fact that it seems there is no monitoring of the ride while it is in progress.

Afterward, we viewed the on-ride photo previews (first time we've ever even looked at them, the kiosks are usually too crowded to bother with), and the girl who's lap she had her legs on joined us. I'd thought the whole back seat was together, but that was not the case. She said she was holding her hand and telling her "you're all right!!!" for the whole ride. Said her heart was going like crazy, and she didn't know if she was having a heart attack, but she was screaming and laughing the whole ride. Nice shot of the backs of our heads, huh??? The picture is at the very end of the ride, when it's pretty much stopped. They had an option to E-mail the picture for $5, and I figured since I'd spent $50 for a play already that day, and not a lot else (besides train fare) all day, I'd go for it.

I had to schedule my last vacation day, so I had chosen the following Monday, since the boys were off school that day, and we went back again. That's what most of the photos I've yet to take off my camera are of, but that will be at another time, if there's anything worth posting!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been scared the whole ride, for that girl!
Good God, look at the little boy with his hands over his ears too!

Hardly, an enjoyable ride!

Hope the rest of your vaca time was good!

changshi:

Too much like change

ch ch change...
time will change me...

but i can't change time

Anonymous said...

oooops...pank
(Above)

proges: Progress!!!

oh yea

Bethany said...

Yikes. I enjoyed your labels for this post. Stupid indeed. The picture's kind of cool though.

Aye said...

Yea Pank, it was a less enjoyable ride than usual, to say the least!!! Instead of being focused on the action ahead, I looked around several times. If you're looking to the side, the simulation isn't nearly as effective!!!

The little boy told us he knew it was going to do the photo, which has Krusty talking to the riders, looks like it's already the end of the ride, then he says, "Oh yea, the on-ride photo" and blazing bright lights shine on you and the ride vibrates, and it makes a very loud noise, sounds like you're inside the world's largest joy buzzer.

Anonymous said...

ha! My Kids Love sponge Bob. Have you ever watched that toon? Ya know Bugs Bunny was a hit for all ages, because it had hidden adult humor...same thing with SB. The show can crack me up at times but when they have Patrick or Sp screaming and whining over and over with the same noise...ArgHHHH!!!!

Just wanna rip my hair out then.

but the kids really love this show.


enjoy your evenin aye

your such a good daddy!

Panks


isentat: in solitude every ninny takes a turn