Monday, September 01, 2008

Race Day




Busy BUSY weekend,
but good. Much more that I could blog about, but I'm going to limit it to just this at this point.





Sunday was the Pepsi 500 at the Auto Club Raceway in Fontana. This was the view from our seats, pretty much even with the end of pit row.



Yea, it was loud, but not nearly as loud as I had anticipated. I had bought two pairs of ear plugs, but the youngest was the only one who used them, and only for the first third of the race or so.



The National Guard did a fly by at the end of the National Anthem. Here's about the coolest thing about our trip. My work only got one parking pass for every four seats, so it was every other set of tickets that got one. I wasn't one, so I checked with one of the other guys in my department. He had gotten one, and my house was on his way, so he agreed to drive. On Saturday he called me up to double check and set the time, and he asks if I know anyone else who would like to go. Awesome!!! I had been thinking I would end up flipping a coin to pick which of my boys I would take, and this solved that quandary!!! Both of the boys really enjoyed it.



The first caution, only a few laps into the race, and almost everyone pitted. Looks like the #07 Jack Daniels car is pushing the car ahead of him out. Jack'll make ya do that kind of thing!!!



Jimmy Johnson, who went on to win rather decisively, in the pits. The race was actually rather uneventful, a few yellows for debris on the track (early on, one of the caution lights had fallen onto the track, that was pretty amusing), Busch and Edwards played nice, and didn't see any real wrecks at all to speak of. I actually caught the replay of it when I got home, and found out why there was one of the late cautions, one of the guys rubbed up against the wall. Good times!!!


An amazing sunset as the race was nearing the end!!!


Tonight, after taking the family to a movie, we stopped to look at a used car. Have I made mention here that I had been looking for a used car again??? Well, I'm not looking anymore. I'll post more about that later...

5 comments:

susan said...

Dang Boy are we on the same page or not? Too cool!
Looks like you and the boys had a Good Old Boy, Paul Newman weekend.
Good for you!

I want to upgrade my blog soon, do you have any suggestions where I should start?

Anonymous said...

So that's what the pepsi thang is all about...cool! OMG that sunset pic is awesome! Surprised Susan didn't swipe it! haha

you r a great daddy!

:)


utitaaq:

hahaha

(I'm such a child)

Ugly tit agatha asks questions

susan said...

By the way chulo, I like your new Macho Home Boy look. Have been meaning to ask, did you get that Dean Koonz bowling shirt you were drooling for? No shirt...new car!
Hummmm.
Also, I would like to have your email address, and your shirt size other than large. No promises, but if things improve for me here, I just might be able to have something special taylor made for you by your next birthday.

susan said...

I took the National Guard photo.

Aye said...

Thanks, I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on the fur. I must have been quite homely with my bare face hanging out, I figure. Funny thing, the other filler who won passes, she didn't go but her husband and son did. I'd met her husband before briefly at Geezers once. Her son was telling her that she'd met me, "Yea, the guy with the beard and mustasche". She replies, "No, he doesn't have any hair on his face" "yea, he does", back and forth. She'd forgotten I'd grown it out!!! Haha!!!

No, never did get that Odd Thomas bowling shirt. I don't think I've ever spent that much on any one article of clothing!!! Didn't spend as much as I've ever spent on a car on Monday, either, but it's a close second. Hope it's worth it!!! My big purchase for my Birthday was the printer I bought. Haven't used it that much yet, but so far, I like it. A custom, taylor made shirt, now that would be too cool!!! I'll mail you for sure...