Thursday, September 18, 2008

Round Two



Tuesday was the third trip to the gas station for the Saturn, so it's the second time I've been able to calculate the mileage. For this tank, I travelled 297.7 miles on 10.34 gallons, for a result of 28.79 miles per gallon. Not near as good as last time, but still well better than the Geo would get consistently. A two tank average of just a tad over 30 MPG. Oh yea, it was a rather warm day, so there could be a "hot gas" effect going on, too. Since I'm doing this here instead of a yet to be Twitter account, I'll make note that the current price for 87 octane was $3.639. I notice that diesel is under $4.00, at $3.959 a gallon. I've even seen some stations with the price for diesel actually less than hi-test. This is rather pleasing, being as I'm near to driving Janice again.

Being as I hadn't come up with a name for this car yet, last week my wife had asked if she could drive "the baby" on one day. I think "Baby" does have a nice ring to it, and she is the youngest car I've ever owned *making mental note to do the math on the Camaro, think it was younger when I got it, but it's way older now*

Lets see, any other news about her??? I still haven't taken any more pictures, but wouldn't now, she needs a bath badly. White gets dirty fast, it seems. Weekend before last, at my parents house, I switched the dealers' ad license plate frame for this cool model that my dad couldn't get to fit on his car. Now whenever I see anyone who doesn't have such a frame, I can ask them, "Why do you hate America???" LOL




The factory radio-CD player has to go. Fits the dashboard nicely and the radio is fine, but the CD doesn't play MP3's, and it can take a LONG time to get working and select a track. I yanked the awesome Clarion unit out of the Storm before I junked it out. Got $160 for it, about 15% of my purchase price. Not too terrible for more than two years and almost no money into it.

The front cup holders are illuminated!!! They don't look that big, but they'll fit a 32 ouncer from my work, or one of those ridiculous 64 ouncers my wife gets. Of course, you can't fit anything in the one next to it if that's there. Oh, and don't shift into park with it in there!!!

2 comments:

susan said...

Gosh, 30 miles to a gallon of gas is great. I don't even want to know what my truck gets to a gallon. Yesterday I filled it up... $70.00 and it wasn't even empty.
Your right white cars get dirty fast, but they look so classy when clean. Your wheel rims look nice and clean too.

Anonymous said...

baby is a nice name. Real pretty car..I'd call it a beauty

Just for the fact it holds a 32 ounce cup too!

cool plates

cqdbq: consumers quietly debate bad quotes

Jpik