Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Return of the Sofa King Random

It has happened again. We traded the tattered remains of the couch of narcoleptic properties for a fresh one.



My parents came upon this one, and being aware of our sofa's sorry state, bagged it for us. I napped a little bit on it on Sunday. Nice. Once again, I AM THE SOFA KING!!!



I purchased my second tank of gas for the Saturn. 314.1 miles on 10.05 gallons. Works out to 31.25 MPG. That'll do. Especially since I've been wringing it a bit, and did a bit of driving with the A/C cranked up.

Has it occurred to anyone that if you were to make a wireless device to do nothing but connect to Wikipedia, and put "DON'T PANIC" on the cover, you would essentially have a terrestrial version of The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy???



This was a very cool version of the Pontiac Solstice that GM had at the Pepsi 500. I like the way they did the rear view mirror.



My older boy has announced that he will be learning l33t. Good luck with that.



Speaking of the Pepsi 500, they just did the Fall ticket drawing. I'm going back to Fontana!!! *More than a year from now, for the next Pepsi 500... Perhaps I'll take Sammy this time, it'll be just a couple weeks after his birthday...

Many lunch & learns on the horizon. I'll be there!!!



I See they're going to be coming out with the next series of comic books based on Stephen King's Dark Tower Series, entitled "The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home". Sounds pretty cool, I'll have to check that out.

I just picked up tickets for the Counting Crows & Maroon 5 concert for this coming Friday. Can't wait!!! I asked the supervisor who handles scheduling if it'd be possible to get an early shift for that day, and she tells me, "Funny you should ask, I was going to come looking for you to see if you could do early shift this Friday!!!"

#11 on Letterman's top 10 list of perks of being a NASCAR driver: Bring your helmet into any Taco Bell, they'll fill it up with guacamole for free!!!

I was thinking I might set up a twitter account and use it to track my mileage...



The cake is a lie, or so I've been told. Has something to do with the video game "Portal". On the Labor day barbecue at my parents' house, they asked us to bring a dessert. We went to Baskin Robbins and got an ice cream cake. I selected this one because it looked a little to me like the one that is a lie. It's the red on the top that did it.

Day after tomorrow will be two years I've been at my job. I'm still happy there. Last week my supervisor told me that I'll be seeing 6.3% more gravy on my next check. w00t!!!



Yesterday I got the checks in the mail for my court settlement. Cool. I was pretty sure I was going to have to put the screws to 'em some more before they'd make with it.

On Thursday, work is hosting a farewell party for one of the managers who is transferring to Chicago. I'll be going back to Geezers for that!!! On my two year anniversary!!!



The first lunch & learn is coming up this Friday. It's about the expansion, something I'm quite interested in. They just put the sign up sheet out this morning, and it coincides nicely with the early shift lunch hour.

2.75%. Now that I'm eligible for 100% of that cash profit sharing, that's the magic number that'll get me another magic number!!! Of course, as I've said before, it's all gravy, but you can never have too much gravy!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, I know I KNOW!!! I commented on this post before, but it's not here!!!

What the heck???

I know I was totally into your calculator thang

And I know you blended in all kinky with the couch and i know I loved the colors...so eye candy!

And i know i thought the car was so cool


so where's me comment pirate?

Musta been drunk...temporarily insane...spent

Man, I'm slippin!


Didn't press the send button?

cripes, what a tard I can be

well, anyway...great post!!

Say hi to Nam and the kiddies, hope all is good witcha

today kinda sucked 911 an all but i found some good points to the day

hope you did too!


nrnatk: nirvona reality never amounts to knothin

oh god, gloom and doom

pkl

susan said...

Hay Pank I did the same thing. Wrote out a long and very clever commment and, Blotto!
That was two days ago, and look, he's still laying on the sofa!

Doe,Ray,Me,Fa,SO,La,Te,Doe,
SooooFaaa...SoFa King!!!

Pank! Is our "Bud" turning into a "Spud covered in Gravy?"...

Question, what is l33t?
Nice pics of the red Pontiac Solstice, only one thing wrong with that car. Where do the Chicks sit for the victory lap?
I had a real cool 1965 powder blue Galaxy 500. My first powersteering car, a real dreamboat compaired to the 1949 Dodge tank I had been driving.

LA Head Lines...
The gallant Captain Aye Chulo in a successful action at sea has captured a new ship from the H.M.S. Spanish fleet. The Cherry Rojo Sophía was commendered and hauled into the pirates port without a bloody fight.
Later, while downing a few pints at the local Scotch Guard Taveran with his crew, the Captain commented...
"It was a piece of Cake."

Anonymous said...

l33t 1$ th3 l@ngu@g3 0f th3 1nt3rn3t.

translation:leet is the language of the internet.

yxbgftc:your xylophone be getting fudge the city

Anonymous said...

aaaahhh! Who's Joey? Someone new!

Yikes..I'm scared

hey Joey!

I'll comment, when I'm in a better place