Thursday, August 28, 2008

Slipping and Sliding



The video of the attempt to return the way we came from. It didn't work out so well. You can see the windshield crack in this video, so the truck isn't in THAT great of shape. It also has several scrapes on both the front and rear bumpers. It doesn't have a lot of miles on it, despite it's age, mostly due to the fact that it doesn't get great mileage, so it ends up sitting around a lot. Being as we live in an area where snow isn't a factor, there really is no reason to have a 4x4 unless you're going to do this kind of thing with it, or you are a poseur.

2 comments:

susan said...

I know all you kids were having fun. Thanks for sharing the "Slip and Slide" adventure.

When I lived in Cupertino during the 80's, I drove a 1973 baby blue VW bug with an automatic transmission. Backed it up a steep dirtroad to see the beatiuful view of the local wine country.
Parked on top of the mountain having a picknic lunch, I could hear a 4-wheel drive vehicle gruling it's way up the road.
I was sitting on the VW's hood eating my tunafish sandwich when the jeep lunged over the crest. I'll never forget the look on their faces.
It took me two hours to get up my courage to drive back down that steep dirtroad.
With the brakes to the floor, the VW slid down to a sharp dog-leg turn, I released the breaks at the turn and somehow didn't roll over. I tell you AYE, I never tried THAT again. My Angels were on full time hazard duity that day.
It's fun to go along with your crew's adventures, it's like having a family again. Guess you could say you're my adopted blogging family. Thanks for sharing your "Good Times", your children are blessed to have such a swashbuckling father. AhRrrr.


The first thing I thought of when I saw the clip: don't forget to pick up several pounds of coffee beans, a gallon of half&half, and five pounds of brown sugar when you get to the store.

You're a lucky man to have such a posh truck to play with. Cracked windshield? AYE!

I don't believe you're a "poseur".
Some of my best friends Ahrrr pirates.
I'm glad you and your crew made it home safe and sound, and thanks again for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Howdy Aye, In my new computer, I don't have your email address, can ya send me an email when you have a chance, I wanted to send ya something via email.
Tanks
pank