Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Change of Scene



This was pretty fun, an amusing way to break up the monotony of work. I don't know if I've made mention, but I usually wear some... interesting shirts to work. One of my favorites, as well as many of my co-workers', is a black bowling shirt with "Mix Master A.C.E." in white letters on the back. I've often thought that I should see about getting the "C" changed to a "Y". I also have several "Aloha" shirts, as well as my Guitar shirt. Around a month ago I found a couple new ones. One that is an iridescent purple that sometimes color-shifts to blue, depending on the angle. It features two breast pockets, and two more near the bottom, with dragons embroidered on them. The other one is rather indescribable, so I've included the picture seen above. While we were having lunch before going to see Mask, one of the ladies I work with told me that all the ladies had voted me the filler with the best shirts. Of course, that day at a nice restaurant I was wearing a plain blue dress shirt.

The pictured shirt is the one I wore today. One of my co-workers and my former mentor always wears T-shirts and cargo shorts. He's working in the same area as me, and says, "We should trade shirts sometime." Haha, great idea!!! I wonder if anyone will notice??? Today he's wearing one of his shirts that I always enjoy, it has the words, "You killed the part of me that cares" above an inverted bird (which I FINALLY managed to find an image of, after much searching). A few minutes later, we duck back in a row and quickly switch. My shirt looked good on him, and every one's reactions were very amusing. A couple of people were like, "hey, isn't that the same shirt he was wearing???", and word of the switch spread to the first and third floor in minutes. One guy didn't see me for a while, maybe two hours later, and then he said, "Is that the same shirt he had on???"



Another amusing note, when we were changing back, another of our co-workers, an older lady, 50-ish, happened by the end of the row. She stops off and is making cat calls and calling the other female fillers over. Good times!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Change that, "C" to a "Y".

Boy, you sure do have a lot of fun at work!
The people sound really nice and fun to work with.....well most of them.
Has anyone touched your cup in awhile?

I can think of a great day to wear that dove shirt.

kpkztwx: Kathy Pappy kicked Ziggy Tiggy with Xylophones

pankum

Anonymous said...

Island shirts are cool.
Aloha!