Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Final Sleep Deprivation Post

Finally I'm going to post about our final vacation day. Nearly two months later.


This was the day that I had rescheduled to return the rental car on. The older boy and I got up early and went to Blizzard Beach again. He had kept trying to get the younger boy to check out the kiddy area there, and he wanted to go there that day. We got to go on a lot of slides.

We got the rental car back right on schedule, and headed back to the resort. Next, we headed out to the one Disney theme park that we had not yet been to, Disney MGM Studios.

Of all the theme parks, I think this one was my favorite!!! For one thing, it seems to be a lot smaller than the other three, so it doesn't take near as much walking to get around it.


It has a couple of duplicate rides, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror that we'd been on before at California Adventure, and Star Tours from Disneyland. The Tower of Terror was the first one we went on, it had a fairly short line. We had planned to let the younger wait with one of us while the other went, but he said he wanted to go. He was tall enough, so we let him. He didn't like it so much.

Over in the same area was the Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster. We got fast passes for that to come back later.

There was a show featuring Drew Carey that was mostly sound effects that we went to, it was quite amusing. One of the cooler things they have is a live stunt show with lots of horsepower and pyrotechnics. I took quite a bit of video of that, maybe someday I'll post it.


Oh yea, finally bought a spray bottle with a fan for the youngest boy. He had been wanting one for a lot of the trip. They had them for about half as much at the shuttle launch, but they were sold out by the time I discovered this.

One of the other cool rides is one that goes through several scenes from classic movies.

Cool props galore there, too. See the umbrella attached to the light post (featuring an out of camera sprinkler overhead) a la "Singing in the Rain"???

Of course, our fast passes were for pretty far on in the evening. We made our way back to the Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster, and wifey takes the older on it while the younger and I wait. After they get off, the older and I head on. It is nicely themed, you start out in a recording studio with Aerosmith (who the boy kept calling "Arrowhead"), then head out into the alley where a super stretch '59 Caddy limo roller coaster is waiting to take you to the concert. It gets into the launch area, and there are illuminated freeway signs saying traffic is jammed, etc. then it launches. It's supposed to be accompanied with a soundtrack of Aerosmith music, but there was no sound. NICE coaster, though!!! Mostly in the dark, with several inversions. It pulled up to the ride exit area, and the attendant apologized for the lack of sound, do you want to go again??? We all cheered loudly, to which the attendant shushed us and looked worriedly towards the ride loading area. It was quite amusing.

Second time around was even better, with the sound. Very cool that the last ride we went on there we actually got to ride twice!!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I have a funny story about Aerosmith too. Apparently (I don't actually remember this, but why would my mother lie to me?)when the movie Armageddon came out, when I was 11 years old (1998)I came home and told my mom that I really liked that song "I don't wanna miss a thing" by the cool new band Aerosmith. She was amused.

Anonymous said...

OMG the singing in the rain foto...way, way cool! Love it! WHats up with the incredibly shrinkin nam? My God!! DAAAAM! she looks good :)

Your lookin pretty cute too Aye!

I've lost so much weight 2...I don't even know? haha
losin me hair too lol

but I have a lot to spare

Love the stories and pics. Thanks Aye.

This blog can be enjoyable.

I'm singing in the rain la-te-da!
It's pourin here right now.

Much luv

pankish
orxjm: Only real Xavier jimmies madly