Tuesday, October 23, 2007

But It Ended All Too Soon


Day two of jury duty ended up being the last day of jury duty. Kind of a bummer, but hey what can you do???

I really liked the deal I had going, the judge wanted us there at 10:30, lunch from noon until 1:30, and wrap up by 4:00. Better than the 7:30 I had to be there yesterday. Not to mention the commute, even when fully jammed, is still a lot quicker than my normal drive. If I'd been there any longer, I was going to check into getting the court provided Metro pass.

Well, I got there today and the prosecutor finishes his questioning of the jury panelists, and picks who he doesn't like. I was the first. Bad move for his case, I feel, but his loss. Of course, I was juror #1, so I was pretty much first for everything. Anyway, JUROR DISMISSED!!!


It was for a murder one case, with a female defendant. And a claw hammer. Wow. One has to imagine that there was likely some domestic violence in the background, and from the bit they let on about that was the case. As well as there being drugs and alcohol involved.

Anyway, I was out of there less than an hour after I got there, and it seemed a shame to waste the trip, so I walked ALL OVER, taking shots whilst I walked.

I had a few shots from yesterday that I'd selected that didn't fit, and some today too. I'm thinking of an overflow post.

I'm also thinking of a post of nothing but the Disney Concert Hall.

For the first time, there was actually a lot of smoke in the skies, giving some of my shots an orange cast.

The Westin Bonaventure is another of my all time favorite downtown structures, I took several shots of it, inside and out and from the wonderful glass elevators. Possibly a post of just it, too.


2 comments:

Tammy said...

I dont know how close the fires are to you but I hope you all are staying safe.
Great pics by the way!

Bethany said...

What a lot of fountains you have taken pictures of... kind of ironic considering the fires in the general area. Speaking of which, I hope you're okay! Those fires took up a good chunk of the national news tonight, and we're a whole country away!