Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thanks, Mick!!!


Mark and Brian are doing a promotion for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Funny thing, their station is owned by ABC, which in turn is owned by Disney, so there is a lot of tie in between them. They are having a private event at Disneyland where they will be closing the park to the public and having an exclusive event for their listeners who win passes. Back in 1998 (I think) I won passes to their grand re-opening of Tomorrowland. The winning of the passes isn't the hard part usually, just call them up and go on the air with something fun or entertaining. The hard part is getting through on the phone!!!

One thing they have been doing every day is having a "kid's break" where chilluns (or rather their parents) call up with some kind of talent or tell a joke or something. Yesterday I managed to get through, and had my youngest sing The Stones' "Get Off of My Cloud". So, you see the way this whole thing comes full circle??? A Pirates event, Johnny Depp based his Jack Sparrow character loosely on Keith Richards, and I get into the event by having my boy sing a Mick Jagger Lyric!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is way too cool!

Nice pic selection btw! :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun!
I really like JD
pnk
culli: "c" u lovin life instantly