Friday, April 20, 2007

The 4-20 Random Post

Welcome to the 4-20 random rave.

They have added a new row at my work. It's on one side of the middle of the wide aisle in the middle of the rows. Row 256, 456 or 656, depending on how far over you are. I don't like filling on it, because you are filling with your back hanging out.


Several weeks ago I purchased a pack of new magnetic letters. They are strange things, made out of chipboard and kinda chunky. Ever since I've gotten them, I haven't done a post of the magnet letters.

One of the fun things about my job is seeing some of the company names or peoples names. One of the funny ones I saw recently was "Midnight Meat Train".

I see the grocers are considering going on strike again. They did this a few years back, and everyone pretty much took their business elsewhere. The stores involved lost an estimated over two billion. It ended up with a new contract where the new hires ended up getting hosed. A true lose-lose situation. And now they're thinking of doing it again???

One of my co-workers came up with the philosophy of thinking of the work periods between breaks as 2-hour segments, even though they aren't. The first one is 1:30, the second is 1:30, the third is 2:00, and the last is 2:30. It does seem to go quicker if you don't think of that last one as 2 and a half.

One of my son's friends visited the other day, and they played some on the computers. I asked if he had a computer at home, and since he did, I wondered what the attraction to playing on it here was. Apparently, they have an Apple, and it's not nearly as fun as the ads would have you believe.

Another amusing company name is "Beaver Heat", a heat treating company.

I see Rick Dees is back on the air out here. I thought we were finally rid of that guy.

I'm lacking supplies to celebrate 4-20 in a proper fashion. Imagine how random this could get if I wasn't!!!


The electricity was out for a couple of days last week. The first night it was out was the night the Lakers lost to the Clippers. The next day, one of the guys wore in a Lakers shirt with the slogan "Lights Out" on it. I thought that was ironic.

The Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory is located on Cyclotron road. I thought that was cool.

Have you seen the Doritos "Fight for the Flavor" competition they are having??? Two new flavors, only one will survive. I saw them at the gas station, but wasn't hungry and even if I was, couldn't really justify buying two bags of chips. The next time I was at Wal Mart, they had a full size bag, but they only had one flavor. Guess Wal Mart already made up their mind!!!

Is anyone actually surprised that there are beginning to be a lot of problems for companies that do sub-prime loans??? I mean, isn't the name pretty much a clue???

On one order, the name of the person ordering was listed as "Mike with the big muscles". I was fairly amused by that, but I was even more amused when I got another order from the same company that had the name listed as "Mike with the bigger muscles".

The Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Doritos have my vote.

Neither of my boys wanted to go to John's Incredible Pizza for their birthdays. I think I'll go there for my birthday.


Try this: Advance the first vowel of each word in Rick Dees' name to the next vowel that occurs in the alphabet. I think that pretty much sums it up.

I saw the other day that they are making Chuck Taylors with all black rubber, as well as a black logo. They look pretty tight, but doesn't that kind of defeat the look of classic Chucks???

I'm thinking of designing a cap for my pen at work with an exacto knife switchblade built into it. I carry my pen behind my ear when I work. If I experience a mishap, my Van Gogh impersonation could improve significantly.

Idaho Tech is another company I see orders for a lot. It always makes me think of that B-52's song, "Private Idaho", and I'll have that in my head for hours.

When the Lakers play the Clippers, who's home court is it???

They are working on the street at the bottom of the hill. It looks like there are some old rail tracks embedded under the street. I wonder if that's the old railway that used to come up the hill???

Tried to send Rick Dees back to his hometown, but Lilly wouldn't stand for it. Cant say as how I blame her!!!




Seagate (A manufacturer of hard drives) is located on Disk Drive. That's pretty cool, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this post was certainly, "the random ravings of Aye". Loved the photo with the kids. I don't know why I thought of a particular actor the whole time I was reading....damn what's his name?

oh, I got it now...RObert Downey Jr...and I donno why?

strange that.

udodez: Usually dames only desire eccentric
zoologists

Anonymous said...

oops...
pank

Anonymous said...

*applauding wildly*
Best damn 4-20 random post EVAR!

Love ALL the photos too!

You ROCK! Belated happy 4-20!

From your CUTE BUT PSYCHO friend! haha!

Tammy said...

Nice! Like the randomis of your ramblings