Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Nerdy Shortcoming


On my last completely random post (of which I would like to make another post like soon, this is Aye's Random Ravings, after all), I posed the question, "What are the differences between being a geek and being a dork??? Is there a quiz that you can take to determine which one you exhibit more characteristics of???" This was precipitated by my oldest sister trying to label her boyfriend during our Christmas gathering. Well, I found a site called OK Cupid that has the quiz finally!!! Turns out that I'm not really any of the above, but I do tend heavily towards nerdiness. Here's how it broke down:
Joe Normal
47 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:
A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I haven't taken the quiz (...yet!) but I'd say I'm a nerd with a healthy side of geek.

susan said...

Well that was fun.
So much for balance...
82% Nerd
43% Geek
13% Dork...whatever that means, guess I'll have to look it up. :)

Aye said...

*Bows down to Susan's nerdiness*

GLRJLAM = Good Lord!!! Really jiggly ladies are moist!!!

me said...

Hey AYe my nerdy friend, I don't really remember my score just that it was like 44% geek. But I needed a distraction when I clicked on your cupid link and I spent about an hour answering questions and looking at available people...bad girl I can be...jut lookin though...thank you for that distraction. I'll take a good nerd as a friend any day of the week!

You rock!
:)

Anonymous said...

I'm Joe Cool..
and I want to thank you for getting me into all 3000 of those insane questions.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr..

I had no idea wtf.. maybe i'll go back and finish it up? will the end result bring me LOVE? on the INTERNET? hahahahhaa...
oh please.ha!