Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Ides of March Random Post

Did I actually hear what I thought I heard on the radio after the 2007 Rose Parade??? A storm trooper from the 501st Legion calling Bob Eubanks out over comments he made during the broadcast???

I bought gas tonight. I didn't need to that bad, but I figured it would probably be the last time I would be able to get gas for under $3.00. I pumped until it stopped, and it took 2.92 gallons. After I got my change, I checked the trip odometer, and it was at 92.9. Wild.




Why are there always long lines at Wal Mart, and they never seem to open more than maybe a fourth of the registers???

Didn't the clock in the cafeteria at work used to have red numbers??? They're green now.

There are several staircases to go to the different levels of my area of work. All the ones in the center are split so you come up uneven if you try to skip every other step. The ones on the north and south end work out evenly, though.

If the gas I bought tonight had been selling for $2.92 a gallon instead of $2.999, I might have had to bought a lottery ticket or something.

These chipotle crackers my wife found at the dollar store are REALLY good!!!

A few weeks ago, they were fertilizing or mulching or something (whatever it was, it STANK!!!) out in the center courtyard at work. I think if work were a learning institution, they would call that area the Quad. I was walking through in the morning, and one of the gardeners was dumping the stuff from a wheelbarrow. There was steam rising off the stuff, and I thought to myself, "That's the stink coming off it, you can actually SEE it!!!"


I hope you are enjoying these pictures. I took them all on the same day, and there's more where that came from!!!

A family that we are friends with got a new dog. They named her Olive. The mother told my wife to sing the first part of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer to her while they were walking her one time. When she got the the part that goes "All of the other reindeer", Olive turned around and nipped at her!!!





Now the clock in the cafeteria is back to red. Huh???


I guess Olive was in no mood for that old gag.




That's how the dollar store always gets you. They have something you fall in love with, then they stop carrying it.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

The picture of Fred Flintstone is probably the single strangest thing I've seen today... I really liked the last pic though.

Lilly said...

Loved that last shot.

Cool random ravings! Enjoyed everyone of them!!

Green is the color, yo.. but it seems its either and Amen or an Omen....

susan said...

Yep! A little of this and a little of that...the green and red yoyo clock is weird. Very interesting photos...