Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Weekend of Win

It started on Friday. Actually, now that I think about it, you could go all the way back to Thursday. I was asked if I would like to work the early shift on Friday, and I accepted (Incidentally, they asked me for today and next Friday, too, and now have added in tomorrow). I had decided that I'd grab a couple of bar code stickers (the same kind I used to make my Bad Robot cup with... I wonder if anyone picked up on the link I had in that post to the audio of that) and shave my head down on Thursday night. I'd stick one of them to the back of my head and see who all gets it!!!



A lot of people did. A lot of people wanted to scan my head. One of my favorites was one of the older fillers, probably at least in his 50's came down to my floor for the first time in the afternoon and saw my shorn scalp.He asks if I've got a bar code on the back of my head, so I turn around and showed him. He thought that was awesome, then asked, "Didn't they make a movie based on that video game???"



That evening they had a festival at school. It was pretty cool. They had lots of contests to win candy. I dominated the older boy in a bubble gum blowing contest and candy apple eating contest. He didn't want to leave without winning something. The younger boy beat his friends several times at basketball hoop shooting.

Late that night, I looked around to see what was on, and "Hit Man" was playing!!! I tuned in.



The next morning we got up and carved pumpkins. We'd had them for a week, and it was high time to do it. My younger boy wanted Mickey Mouse. The older was going to do the two faces of comedy and drama, but ended up doing four faces around the pumpkin. I did a cat in front of a full moon, made up of a series of holes. Something different.



We went down to my parents' house to do the trick or treating. It's better there, because it's flat, and more densely housed. We got there early, and stopped for Wild Berry yogurt, my favorite latest vice. Following that, we stopped by Taco Bell for Black Jack tacos, they were doing a promo after 6 on Halloween for free ones. We'd been to Taco Bell last weekend, and wanted to try these but ordered plenty before we got to that. This gave us an opportunity to try 'em!!! Really not that impressive, but the price was right, and the color scheme was perfect for Halloween!!!



The younger's costume was a big hit!!! A lot of comments along the lines of "That's a GREAT costume!!!" Validation for all the work I'd put into it!!! Only after a block or two or trick or treating, he was worn out, though, so back to the grandparents' house.

I made up a couple of "Looks Likes" that I've got posted here. If you like, go here and here and vote on 'em!!!



The older boy and I continued for a few more blocks. Without his brother along, he got some comments on his ninja costume, which is actually pretty cool.

I was wearing a bar code the whole time. My wife didn't have any costume in mind, but I had gotten the idea from watching "Hit Man" the night before, and took an eyebrow pencil and drew in the tattoo on her face that the girl in the movie had.



The next day we threw the jack-O-lanterns into the street, as is our custom!!! Perhaps there will be video of that in the future.

I noticed yesterday that there was a pumpkin up the hill from our house on the curb. This morning I saw it was just down from the driveway. Perhaps it's looking to get thrown down, too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun post! great ideas
Happy belated Halloween

We had fun too!

I didn't get much loot this year though...ha!

rusil: rinse ur souls in love

pk

Aye said...

Haha, your word ver reminded me of a LOL I had on Halloween night while it was just the older and I. He had his candy sack, and he says, "Know what I should have done??? Written "SOULS" on the front of my sack!!!" Haha, love it!!! Speaking of such, we saw Death wrestling with his brother, a power ranger on one yard. The reaper was also on Runescape for the Halloween event. Saw one girl get scared so bad by her friend jumping out and yelling at her that she fell over, too.

Last weekend we were driving, and Echo & the Bunnymen's cover of The Doors "When You're Strange" came on the radio. I made mention that it was used in "Lost Boys". The next afternoon, "Lost Boys" is on TV!!! I've been calling the movies these days!!! Hmmmm, what would I like to see this weekend???

Anonymous said...

yup the universe listens to your energy warrior! You know it and I know it. Guess we have that in common ...eh?

When your strange will play out in my head.....

while I exit (this blog)

hope u got more loot than me


when your strange..

love it!

love u

panky