Sunday, November 22, 2009

Magnets and Cups

Here's something I haven't done it quite a while, a couple of the magnet letter creations that have been come up with!!!



My younger boy arranged the letters for Halo, and I added in the latest version, ODST as well as the #3.



"Grab yer torches & pitchforks!!!"

And a couple of cups I did in the last weeks. The space ship is powered by a pulse detonation engine with a Tesla turbine. Should be good for around Mach 26 or so.



The last cup has the logo for mystery 512. Do you see it???



Now, what have I been up to this weekend??? Showed a lot of love for Baby. Took her to get her tires rotated first thing Saturday. Had a blood donation appointment after that, and they had some great oatmeal raisin cookies and trail mix there. Took the family for ice cream after that. Got home and installed a set of platinum spark plugs I'd bought quite a while back for Baby, then took some rubbing compound to her headlights, which have had that hazy look that plastic headlights get since I got her. I hadn't tried this yet, because it seemed like it would take a lot of repeated applications before it would have noticeable results. Surprise, they cleared right up with just one pass of rubbing compound!!! I was very pleased by this!!! I also did some fine tuning on the hood popper springs on Janice. I'd trimmed the springs down a bit, because they were too strong & would sometimes spring the hood while driving, but they were too short to keep the bumpers pointed in the right direction. I put some bronze bushings on the bottom ends of the shafts, and it worked out pretty well.

Today I took the family for lunch at Pinks, the world famous hot dog stand. I had attempted this a couple months back, but had the street as La Cienega instead of La Brea *facepalm* Today we found the place, and there's a huge line. The parking lot is fairly tiny, so I drove a couple blocks away and parked on a side street. One hour parking. Turns out one hour is exactly how long it took us to make it through the line!!! Good dogs!!! I had the Millennium Dog, which claimed to be a 12" jalapeno Polish dog. It arrived looking much longer than that, and rather obscene!!! Tasty!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come on your spaceship and search for a 12 foot long pink hot dog...

haha do u have a facebook?



caranic: can a random Aye need intellectual cuddles


pank

Joey Schanks said...

I has a facebook!
I had the lord of the rings dog.Mmmm.
Onion rings covered in bacon on a hot dog....

~Aye's Son
-Boey Schanks