Friday, October 23, 2009

Ready For Random???

Ready or not, here it comes!!! I've gone through a few of my old pictures and found a few that need shared. A couple from our Hawaii vacation, and a few from way back on the 4th of July!!! Maybe one or two others thrown in, too.



One of the guys I work with sometimes buys a tortilla from the cafeteria to go with his lunch. He's Asian. They charge him $.75 for a tortilla. One of the other guys, who is Mexican, they only charge $.25 for a tortilla. I would totally bust them if they tried that on me!!!



I don't think I made mention, but when we last went to Magic Mountain, they had the Sky Tower open!!! The first time it's been open since we've been going. A low key ride, but it has a great view.

Had a bit of a spooky day a couple weeks back. When I got my schedule, it had me listed as at a meeting for an hour in the morning, and ended the day with me as an extra. And, it was on a Thursday, the day that is their traditional day to let people go. Turned out OK though.



They've made a bunch of shift changes at work. Most have not affected me. They started by eliminating the middle, 8:30 shift, and moved the 7:30 shift lunch break later to 12:45, and the afternoon break to later, too. Most of the middle shift people went to the late shift, but a few went to the early shift. The reasoning is that more of our work is coming in late in the day, what with the interwebs, and we've been much busier in the evenings. Starting this week, they moved the early shift from 7:30 to 8:00. This has made for the first change that's affected me, they've moved afternoon break time from 4:00 to 4:30.



I notice diesel fuel has jumped in price. On Monday I topped Janice off, and where diesel had been running $.25 to $.30 less a gallon than gasoline, it was only six cents less this time. I decided that at that price difference I'd be better off driving Baby. Filled her up this morning, and now diesel is four cents more than gasoline!!! I suspect market manipulation.


Remember the story of Ronald the ray gun??? They didn't work out, for some reason. Haven't had those for seven or eight months now. Now they've got a set of all new ones, that have a screen on the back side and do a lot more. So far, they don't work, either.



I was watching live when Letterman cracked his joke about A-Rod knocking up Sarah Palin's daughter. I got it, and LOL'ed right off. I liked Sarah Palin OK during the campaign, but, come on!!! Take a joke!!!

Two hours and 45 minutes between lunch and break makes it so I have to piss badly by the time I get to break. Provided I don't have to sneak away early to do so.



My wife messed up her knee a couple weeks back. It had rained, and she needed to sweep the water out where the roof had leaked at her work. Right after that, she needed to go into the walk in freezer, in her still moist shoes. One of her shoes froze to the floor, and she yanked on it to try and pop it loose. Unfortunately it was her knee, not her shoe that popped.



At the very south end of the bins at work, there's a large piece of equipment. Behind a glass panel, it has a digital display that almost always reads "512". A few feet past this is a large water standpipe, marked with "P.T. 42". Both pretty cool.


One of my co-workers was trial testing one of the new ray guns. A stock keeper saw it and said, "What's that, a Wii controller???" Made me LOL. The least popular Wii game, Wii bin filling!!!



They asked me to come in for the 8:00 shift today. The sunrise on the way in almost made it worth it having gotten up earlier than I like to. Strangely enough, right as I was getting into work, there was a thick fog bank over the whole area.



That's a nice thing about having the selection of cars I have. If one type of fuel gets more expensive, I can just drive the other one!!!

I see no reason that oil should be over $70 per barrel, much less the $80 that it now is. We've got low demand, surplus supplies, and refineries are running well short of capacity. In the 50's is where it should be.



I suspect that they wanted to eliminate the 7:30 shift, but that because that is the most popular shift, they eliminate the 8:30, then move the 7:30 later and later!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that was random but fun to read...cept nam's knee.. hope she is ok....wild story! Pics r great of the kids, love the art on the garbage can. Hope the shift change all works out for ya
pnk

daliess: Dilly dally