Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Deep Creek



Last week we were up in the mountains. Good times!!! One day we went to an area called "Deep Creek". Hiked a bit more than a quarter mile back, and there's a, well, deep area great for the jumping into, complete with a rope for climbing up the sheer face. Notice how on my vacations I tend to find a high place to jump off into the water???

Right before you get to this place, the water spans from one side of the canyon to the other, and you have to swim from there. Of course, it was around a bit of a bend, so I couldn't get any pictures or video from there. After several jumps, I made my way back and got my video cam and found an area shallow enough to wade across. Turned out to be deeper than I thought, and slippery on the exit. Bare inches above the water, it was. Of course, after the boy shot this clip, the battery died as I was attempting to film his jump!!!

4 comments:

susan said...

Looks like a fun vacation place, sorry about your missed photo op.

Bethany said...

Hehe cool video! Looks like a fun place for sure.

Anonymous said...

I would have worried too much bout the kids jumpin but I would have swan dived

cool vid


pogec: Price of gummy worms equal cavities

pk

Aye said...

My nephew - son's cousin - climbed up, and kept chickening out on jumping. I told my boy we'd each get on either side, link our arms through his, and all jump at once, he'd go whether he liked or not!!! Unfortunately, the ledge wasn't quite wide enough for the three of us, so I ended up doing it myself. He'd hold back, resist, and end up not near as far out as I'd like. He was thrilled when he'd emerge, but the next time he was up he'd freeze again!!! Did that twice. I, on the other hand, would always be planning on doing a cannon ball, but would usually end up landing with my arms extended to either side. Perhaps some primeval part of me thought I might fly!!!