Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow Day!!!



I'm still not over this!!! We are in the midst of a storm system here in the southland, unusual that we've actually got weather happening. Funny thing, the talking heads have been saying that it was going to start on Monday, then Tuesday, but it was actually Wednesday before it actually got here. Cut off low, weatherman's woe, I think it was the immortal Dr. George Fischbeck used to say that.



Anyway, I got up a little early this morning on account of all the people who can't drive with a little wetness. It wasn't even raining when I exited the house, the sun was even out. On the way out of the house, I saw this white on the front grass. My first thought, dang, there's a busted drain pipe somewhere and now there's some detergent suds in my yard!!! I took a closer look, and my second thought it was frost. I've seen frost before, I can wrap my mind around frost, and certainly it's cold enough for frost. Still, it didn't look right for that. A closer look, its actually SNOW!!! In L.A.!!! Ha!!! Not a lot of it, but still, the real deal!!! Good thing I was a little ahead of schedule, I ran back in the house, grabbed my camera and told the youngest to get his shoes on, he's gotta see this!!! He scooped some up, and declared, "It's freezing cold!!!" The second picture is after I hit him with a snowball, as you can see it stuck on his shoulder.



Even the car still had some remaining on it, along the wipers and cowl area, and on the back wing.



An interesting footnote: My home is my grandfathers' former home, we bought it from his estate when he passed. My mother grew up here, and back in the 50's it had also snowed here, and she has some old 8mm home movies of them playing in the snow from back then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this whole post!
Your son's face is priceless...such a doll.
Happy snow!
personally, I am sick of the white sh@t!
efkuso: Even fine kings use society often
pnk