Monday, September 10, 2007

Water Park Pics


Here's something kinda cool. At the Disney parks, there are staff photographers wandering the park, taking pictures and handing out the number to find your picture online. This was especially helpful for me at the water parks, because I wasn't going to take my camera in the wave pool!!! Funny seeing them wading in the splash down pools with these REALLY NICE digital cameras, completely wrapped in plastic bags except the lens.

The other day I found the two little bracelets I'd gotten from the photographers at the water parks. Just in time, it would seem, it said that the pictures would only be available online for 30 days. I thought I might be too late already, but I wasn't. Of course, their deal is to try and sell you prints, a 5x7 for about $13 if I remember correctly. They have it so you can't just get the digital picture, but we have our ways, oh yes.

The top picture is on the end of the The Crushin' Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, and the bottom one is on Team Boat Springs at Blizzard Beach. I don't believe I had made mention of this slide, but each water park had a variation of this slide, a giant tube raft for up to six riders at a time on a huge slide. Typhoon Lagoon has Mayday Falls, and Blizzard Beach has Team Boat Springs. Of the two, the latter is the best. It has a much longer slide, and it has a conveyor to haul the rafts to the top. On Mayday Falls, you have to lug your own raft.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Water park pics are neat. It's a good idea for the part to have photographers like that.

Oh, and by the way, if I win the 3-day you can SO have a copy of the book ;P