Friday, September 21, 2007

San Pedro Revisited

Yea, Blogger now automatically saves your drafts my ass!!! Just a second of the power flickering off and and half an hour of composition is gone. Know what, don't even put that up if it doesn't really work. And don't get me started on this bill of goods APC UPS backup that I bought. Would have done better wiping my ass with a $50 bill.

Well, my third time going to court didn't work out as I would have liked, but it could be worse. I'm fairly confident that I'll still get paid. The driver of the other vehicle actually had the decency to show up, and the judge granted the motion to vacate judgement. However, the actual owner wasn't there, and the judge continued the case until yet another later date so they could also appear. Sheesh, enough is enough, already!!!

However, it was a gorgeous day out today, and I took my camera with me. It was supposed to be storming today, but as usual the weathermen don't know.



It was the first time in quite a while that I've actually gotten out with my camera, and it was a lot of fun!!!



I wandered around Port of Call for about an hour. It was near deserted at that hour of the morning, with most all of the businesses closed still.



After that I headed down to the end of the land to Angel's Gate Park, where the Point Fermin lighthouse is located.



As I wandered through there, I met a couple of interesting people. One lady had retired from the movie business, where she was the on-site account person. Fascinating tales.



After that, I walked down a ways, and met a couple who told me that there was a large bird perched at the top of a tree. I took several shots, I think it was an osprey. Heading back from that I met another lady who told me that there were blue whales between where we were and Catalina island. She pointed them out to me, and let me use her high powered binoculars. I stayed there for probably more than an hour, watching them surface, breach, and dive. Amazing. She told me that she is a whale census taker for the state. Fascinating. She had great long range vision.


I got a couple of shots of the whales spouting, but none that are that great. We both agreed, we will be getting ourselves digital SLR cameras with big lenses for Christmas!!!

4 comments:

susan said...

"A hundred billion bottles washed up on the shore. Message in the bottle." The Police.
Very nice photos AYE. Thank you for shareing your day. I needed a change, a boost, a lift, the positive outlook of a friend. Ya help me keep on the right path...

Anonymous said...

Lovin the osprey and tiny lonely bird. I like the way you wrote this story, it was soothing.
:)
pnk
hwwzb: helda washed wankers zig-zaggin balls

say what?
lol

Aye said...

Susan, my long lost friend, it is always so good to hear from you!!! I actually thought that there was a message in that bottle when I first saw it. And that song, next time you hear it, the part where he sings, "A year has passed since I wrote my note", you sing "A year has passed since I broke my nose". Do that a few times and you'll swear that's how the song goes!!! I told a guy I used to work with that once when the song started playing, "Hey, its the song where he breaks his nose!!!" He was like, WTF??? it was funny.

Pankage, you should have seen the sparrow, she was awesome!!! Full size that picture, you can see the water spraying all around her. She was bathing with her mate in the waterfall when I first showed up, but he flew away pretty quick. She didn't stay much longer, either. Guess I wouldn't like someone taking pictures of me bathing, either!!!

Anonymous said...

PANKAGE!!
LMAO!

It's like Pank with a whole lotta baggage.

Oh, so true!

Awwwww thanks for the additional info on the sparrows, how cute

You peepin Tom you!

Wmbjtbca: Weapons (of) Mass Baggage
juggle through Bush's crusty ass

pankage

oh btw, HI SUSAN!
:)