Monday, November 27, 2006

65 on 66


For the long weekend we went to Barstow. The original plan was to take the Maverick, but it was having charging system problems, so we took the Falcon instead.


It was a great trip, and the Falcon ran flawlessly, with the exception of a little vapor lock when it was warm.



On the way back, we drove old Route 66 from Barstow to San Bernardino to avoid some of the traffic on the way back.


I've got at least two, maybe three more posts to come from the trip.


Stay tuned!!!

5 comments:

me said...

Tell me your speedometer is broke! lol!

You had your son in the car!
It has to be broke.

hwdwuqe:Harvey was driving while Unis quivered excitedly

Bethany said...

Well that sounds like fun! And it looks so... dry... I'd appreciate dry at the moment. And warm. Warm would be good too. Excuse me while I go whine about the weather...

*whine*

Better now. Hope you had a blast.

Lilly said...

120!! That car is amazing! Glad you all had a nice trip!!

*staying tuned*

Aye said...

Oh, the Falcon will bury the needle with just a little flex of the ankle!!! It gets to the end and just kinda bounces off the end there. The Camaro used to do that, too, but it ended at 85. Yea, the speedometer is a little bit off, around 1/4 to 1/3 over, it seems. Came from putting a transmission from a 79' LTD in it, I think.

UFRPCOK = Usually Freida reacts pretty crazily, or kooky

Mad Max said...

Road trip! Sweet ride, Aye, I'd be almost afraid to take it out on the road!