Sunday, July 10, 2005

Come Forth, Creatures of the Night!!!

Its been a while since I've posted here. At least, for me it has been. This last week I've been working until pretty late. On Tuesday, I had a Dr. appointment for my broken finger (it finally seems to be healing, thanks for asking, guess the EBI bone growth stimulator works), and it ended up being almost 11 by the time I got in. While I was on my way in, my wife called saying she wanted to go to the emergency room when I got home. She had twisted her ankle over the weekend and it was bothering her alot. I told her it was going to be around 9:30 when I got home, are you sure you want to do that??? Why don't you call our doctor and see if they can get you in tomorrow??? Well, she did and they could, right at 11:00, right in the middle of my work day!!! She didn't want to drive because she was worried they'd put a cast on it and she wouldn't be able to drive home. Anyway, took her to that, it was noon before they even got her in the back, and way longer than that before they saw her. They sent her to radiology across the street, didn't even wrap it up or anything!!! I've never heard of a doctor looking at a potential sprain and not at least putting an ace bandage around it!!! Radiology took a long time, too, and it ended up being 3:30 by the time I got in, so consequently it was after 1 A.M. by the time I left. Traffic was nice, for a change!!! Naturally, the next day I wasn't up that early either, ended up getting there at 1 P.M., planned on leaving at 11 P.M., but then there was a mess on one of the tools they were trying to set up. I repaired it, but I was there until almost 2 A.M. For those of you who don't know, I normally have Fridays off, 4 10 hour days, but I ended up coming in on Friday too. Only 12:30 till 5, so not so bad.

My good buddy Sammy called me up while I was there and said he'd like to come up this weekend and grill and hang. He's an EXCELLENT chef. We picked up some salmon steaks and shrimp, hit Wal Mart for some of the weekly essentials, and had some chow at Mustards Chicago style hot dogs in Los Altos. He's from Chicago and is always going on about how great the dogs there are, and I've been telling him forever that he's gotta try Mustards. He gave them the thumbs up, even tho the ones we got were grilled instead of boiled and were a little lean on the relish. Got to my house later, went on a beer run, then decided that we were hungry. We ended up grilling up 2 of the 6 salmon steaks and several shrimp at 2 in the morning!!!

The next day I took Sammy up to In the Skin in Pasadena where I'd gotten my Piercing done some time before. He wanted to get both of his nipples pierced too, and was also considering a tattoo of the Chicago Cubs emblem. The guy who does the piercings was at a memorial service when we got there, and they told us he'd be back in a couple hours. We came back, picked up a couple more things we needed for the rice and fish and prepped a little, then we went back, but we rode the gold line up there this time. That was pretty cool. He got his piercings, but decided to wait on the tattoo. The price went up some on the piercing since I got mine done. I took some pics with his phone. Oh, and he called me today and was telling me that his mom was all pissed off at him for doing it!!! Calling him white trash and stuff (which is pretty funny, he's an Asian boy, but in reality is probably "whiter" than I am). In all, it was a very enjoyable weekend.

Now, off to bed with me so I don't have another week like the last one!!!

No comments: