Sunday, June 12, 2011

Queen for a Day

Yesterday was the observance of my wife's birthday. Good times!!!



The cake turned out to be something of a challenge. I had a can of frosting in the fridge that I'd thought was about 1/3 full still, but when I opened it turns out all that was left in there was colors I'd had mixed for the last cake!!! There was just enough of the frosting this one'd been iced with to do most of the color, and the portal orange worked out for a crown.



We celebrated at my parents' house. It was overcast, typical June gloom all morning, with no sign that it would burn off, but no sooner than we got ready to go into the pool out came the sun!!!



Don't know if my slide animation will work on here. Try clicking on the pic if it's not moving.



It was the first time I've made it in the pool since the slide has been installed. It's quite cool!!!








OM NOM NOM!!!




And there's the Birthday Girl!!! A queen every day, truth be known!!!





Last shot is my dad & I, I was showing him the remote control I picked up for my camera. If you look closely you can actually see it.

No comments: