Saturday, September 26, 2009

Filter Bags

Here's yet another piece of artwork I came up with last week. I happened to be on a printer where one of the many items that could be ordered are filter bags. Filter bags are rings of plastic or metal, with a long fabric sleeve trailing off from there. They are lightweight, but bulky. Customers tend to order a lot of them at a time. They don't qualify as a time fill usually, because the order quantity is usually under 70 pieces and almost never weigh over 40 pounds. Anything more than about 15 of them take more than one tote, and that requires multi tote forms and finding the remote locations. I understand that this doesn't mean much of anything to most everyone reading this, but suffice it to say that an order of these will generally set you back a cycle or two, and no one likes that.



I drew the "no filter bags" logo on the side of my cup. It looked a little indistinct (and a little like a cup itself, or maybe a weird condom), so I added the text for clarification. My fellow fillers on this printer knew what I meant and were amused. Did it work??? Amazingly, it did... at first. Just after completion, a supervisor came up to me with a new float sheet moving me to the third floor printer for a while!!! One of the fillers on that printer saw my cup and said, "Printer #6, huh???" They know. When I came back to that printer after lunch, however, the first cycle I picked up had a hefty order of filter bags. Curse you, filter bags!!!

No comments: