Sunday, September 06, 2009

Art Imitates Art Cupdate



Here's an interesting case. At my work, there's several works of art about the place. In the downstairs conference room, there's a large, unique photo art. The sales floor has several of a Warhol series of prints. Almost all of them I have appreciation for.



The first picture here is the newest addition. It's a large format, probably at least 7 x 5 feet, oil. I took the picture with my phone, and it really doesn't do it justice. If you can't make it out, it has blocks with trees going up a street, with a wood roller coaster at the end of it. directly above all this, at the top, is a blimp.



The Friday before a three day weekend made for a slow day, and I got to do some artwork. This was all from memory, and I got a lot of the placement and scale wrong, but I got most all of the elements in there.



However, I've got a lot more isometric effect on my coaster, and you'll probably notice the blimp has the 512 logo on the rear fin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A watermellon blimp! Very cute

Couldn't make out the photo but was so glad you described it

mudicszw: wow eight letters

may you decide if catatonics see zany wonders

susan said...

Look up in the sky, it's a squash, a cucumber, a watermelon? It's AYE's cupcake bliniz?