Thursday, July 16, 2009

"No Swimming"



That's what the signs all said.



Looking at the actual falls, Rainbow Falls in Hilo, that seems like very good advice!!!



However, walking just a little ways up the slope (I swear, the path was part of the path the Bradys took to return that unlucky idol) and there are many tempting areas to swim, with calm water and excellent rocks to jump in off!!!



The mountain water is somewhat cooler than the ocean water, but very refreshing.



We spent the better part of the afternoon of our last day doing just that. Stayed a bit longer that I had intended (I was on vacation, I had no timepiece with me!!!) and we missed out on touring the Manua Loa macadamia nut factory. Oh well...



One of these shots is the older boy and I climbing the roots of the immense Banyan tree with the rope swing tied to it.



The last shot of the previous post has the boy jumping in with his feet just hitting the water from this part. It also has the towers we jumped into the ocean repeatedly from. That wasn't us in that shot (it was taken from our hotel balcony), we didn't get any of us actually jumping in.

No comments: