Thursday, July 02, 2009

Hawai'i



Finally, I'm going to post about our vacation trip!!!



Three nights in Maui, three on the Big Island. Great trip!!!



I've asked everyone what their favorite part was. The younger and my wife both chose the snorkel trip where we went out to Molokini crater. That was pretty cool, alright. No great pictures of underwater, though.



The older boy liked the sand castle we made on the beach at Hana, and the tower across from our Big Island room, that we jumped off many times. He also liked the Luau.



I agree with everyone, but one of my favorite things was swimming above Rainbow Falls. Several great places to jump off into, and there was a grotto shaded by a huge banyan tree, with a rope swing tied to it.



The volcano park was good, too. Actually drove down to where the magma is running into the ocean, sending up huge plumes of steam.



We had nice rooms on both islands. One of my co-workers told me I should slip a twenty to the desk clerk upon checking in, just for their help, and they almost always will upgrade your room, if there's any better available. Worked like a charm, best $40 I spent all week!!!



Went by the volcano park again at night, and you can see the bottom of the plume lit up red. I could have put a lot more pictures here!!! Perhaps at a later time.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hawaii! Jealous! Well I'd probably rather go there when the weather's all gross and stuff here, but really, Hawaii can never be bad.

Anonymous said...

That's some plume of smoke! The little guy looks so annoyed in the second photo, nice pic of you though aye! Even though something looks a bit photo shopped...? dunno..

Lovin the pic with the two boys and the awesome sand castle! Love the kids action shots...cool poses

So glad you had such a great time!

boo hoo, no namy pics.

Thanks for all the pics

litimp: life is the impossible mirror pulse


Pnk