Sunday, July 19, 2009

Flaunt It

Today was the car show and company picnic at my work.



First time for the car show, not a huge turnout, but a lot of neat, unique rides on display. I'll probably post some of my favorites later. One of my fellow bin fillers came up with the idea and organized it. Still don't know who won in the categories.

I'm going to use this post to highlight my Falcon, I finally got a few more pictures of her, looking good.



I did a bit of work on her, put a thread repair insert on the starter bolt that was stripped out (made me think I had a bad starter with the grindy noise). The other thing I did was finally installed the rectangle headlights I'd bought years back. I'm going to eventually install a pair of generation one 300Z driving lights inside of them, then fabricate an aluminum bar grille. I can picture it.

I also picked up a set of Mooneyes Moon Discs for the wheels. Ended up being up until almost midnight last night getting 'em set up. I'm very pleased with the results, and I got many comments on 'em!!!



My dad has been a tremendous help, he repainted a spot that'd been polished through, and took care of getting it to a shop to sort out a couple of brake issues, where it'd get air bubbles if I parked it downhill on the street, and the back right wheel would lock up under hard braking. Now I've actually spent more just to have someone dial in the brakes than the car cost me to begin with!!! Of course, if you've got brake issues, your whole purchase is at risk, isn't it??? More than that my dad did, but I can't remember it all right now. Mostly wanted to show some fresh pictures of her!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice car! Nice pics!

Ya need some molding to cover the bullett holes though eh?

just kiddin
the car is gorgeous

nam has a cute out-fit on.

how was cafenstuff's food?

did ya get to eat?

reboince: definition of reboince:

the art of making monopoly bucks real

Tigers re-birth after spring-tail surgery

The act of bouncing sideways after ten times


pank

Aye said...

I was hoping to have enough time to be able to two-tone the paint job. I've got a quart of a factory Ford light blue I want to do the roof and the area between the side trim with. The day I was going to take her down, the battery was dead, though.

Funny thing about Cafe-N-Stuff, I wasn't familiar with 'em. I had wondered if it was affiliated with an establishment a couple miles down the freeway, Golf-N-Stuff. Monday I had to go down to that very exit, and across a ways to get my Counting Crows tickets, and I saw the home base of Cafe-N-Stuff!!! Still don't know if they're affiliated, but they're within a couple blocks of each other!!!

Oh, and hot dogs or jalipinio dogs were on the menu. The older boy had two dogs in one bun before we left!!!