Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Three Kegs, One Bottle of Chardonnay

Arrrrrrrrrrggg!!! It's been FOREVER since I've posted!!! At least I'm in good company.



Anyway, I had noticed over the weekend that the Maverick was getting ready to roll the odometer over to 200,000. Today it did, and I thought it a momentous occasion, and was rather amazed that it's that far along!!! However, after I took a picture of it to commemorate it here, I realized that this is an old school odometer, that only goes up to 99,999.9 miles, so it's actually up to 120,000.

Last weekend I adapted it to disc brakes. I'd bought the components some time ago, but finally made the time to get them installed. That very weekend, the Storm developed some kind of hinkiness to its front end, and it feels a bit unstable and unpredictable at high speeds. The front tires are shot, might be all it is, but the struts are gone, too. Screw it, I'm gonna junk it out. Ain't worth the hassle. A shame, as it pulls down a solid 25-30 MPG. Saw a Metro convertible with a raggedy top advertised today, got me thinking that way.

In other auto news, I FINALLY got the part for the Benz, hopefully that'll run fine after Friday. When I went to move the Falcon to do the brakes on the Maverick, found out the ignition switch has come apart. I managed to get it back together, but it only held long enough to get it moved. I hot wired it the next time I moved it, that was far easier. Ignition switches are purely to keep honest people honest on early Fords.



What else??? Besides the work outing and my nephew's wedding, a couple of weekends ago was the company picnic and my wife's birthday. I told her we were having a picnic in honor of her birthday. Here's some of the new construction in the bin structure. See how there's a third level to the red bins now??? Previous to this, there was only blue bins there. They have yet to be populated.



They had the open house tour again. There's one of my co-workers, they were working on the day of the picnic. Actually, in the background you can see the printer I was on today.



Here's the "quad" area I've referred to in past posts. The yellow plants in the foreground are Australian kangaroo paw plants.



And there's the birthday girl!!! Isn't she lovely??? This picture is actually when she'd opened a bottle of bubbles the youngest had won, and it sprayed her down. Turned out to be the best picture of her that day!!! She drank half a dozen glasses of wine there, which she waited until we got home to hork up. Three kegs, one bottle of chardonnay, that's what the server told me. The last time I went to get her a glass of wine, they had run out of the little 8 ounce cups and were using the 12 ounce beer cups. She stopped at a little more than half, and I made the "keep it coming" gesture. She complied, and told me that about the kegs versus the bottles.



Last Friday was the boy's sixth grade graduation. Good times.

More to follow... Hopefully...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birf!! Nam!

Geez, my kids school had award day, not graduation from fifth to six grade. Congrats! Glad you got the part for the car.

Happy you are smiling!

pnk

mspgwzc: My sister passes gas with zesty clouds

susan said...

You're a lucky man AYE.
Thank you for shareing your world with us.

susan said...

Oh! You're gonna junk the Maverick?
With that kinda of gas mileage, can't you just drive slow? It would be keeper up here for sure.

Aye said...

I am lucky, aren't aye??? No, I'm not going to junk the Maverick, they're going to have to bury me in that (and in my Mix-Master shirt, did I post about that???). The Geo is the one on it's way to the scrap heap. Like I said, it's a bit of a shame, it's a good little car, but the cost to do what would likely need done makes it not worth it.