Monday, July 21, 2008

SWOON!!!



On both Thursday and Friday, the paper had pictures and a little bit of story about this production. Australia's Strange Fruit performing "Swoon", the most notable thing about it being that it is performed atop 4 meter tall fiberglass poles!!!



It was being shown at no charge in downtown Los Angeles from Thursday to Saturday. One of those things that, after hearing of, I just had to see!!!



It was quite a spectacle, well performed, along the lines of a mime show, but much more acrobatic!!!



In addition, I got to explore some previously uncharted areas of my city and take a great deal of photos!!! Seriously, I ended up with over 200 shots in my camera by the time I made it home. I also videoed the performance, and may upload that at some point.


2 comments:

susan said...

Woooo! "Swoon" That looks fun, and it was free!!!
As you say, Good Times!!!
I'm happy you had a good day exploring your city and taking fun photo snap shots.
Looking foward to the video.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so cool, what balance! looks like there is only a teensy weensy step they stand on.

the dress reminded me of Mary Poppins.

pnk
msnnwno: Missy Snow never nags Willie Nillie openly