Wednesday, June 11, 2008

cUpDate Part Two



Haven't made mention of my cup or shared any from it recently. As before, I'm still not having a lot of spare time to doodle on it, but last Friday I had a chance to do a little bit. It was a bit of a snoozy day, so after doing the classic 512 logo, I did a series of Z's in alternating colors. Later on, I did the flag of Stephen King's Crimson King.



I was using the same cup the next day, and we went to the bank in the morning. There was a bit of a wait, and as I was sitting there I added in several other things. First was a shadow to the flag pole, then at the younger's suggestion I added in the porcupine. One of my previous cups had the porcupine saying, "I AM THAT TIME TRAVELLER!!!", and he wanted that again, but I had other ideas. In this one, he is holding a magnifying glass, and saying, "Elementary, my dear Watson. It is a sigul!!!"



Next, I added the killer satellite from Asteroids Deluxe, and then a flying saucer complete with space alien. The alien says, "The truth is out here", in a nod to X Files. The last thing I added was a video camera coming out of the bottom of the 512 logo. It bears the letters N.C.P., standing for North Central Positronics, in another nod to Stephen King. Next to it is the inscription, "The camera eye does not blink". My older son did an Aperture Science logo, with the words, "I'm doing science and I'm still live" on it, which I believe to be from the Portal video game.

1 comment:

susan said...

I believe your cup runnth over with artsy expression.
I love your cUPDates doodles for the noodle, they are forever odd.