Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Blog Backlog


I've been wanting to update the happenings before any more of 'em get to happening for a while now!!! Here's a little update from Mother's Day, near to a month later.

Since I'd found a Texas Loosey's restaurant that was still in business, I took my wife there for Mother's day!!! They were having a "Moms Eat Free" promo that day. Caveat was, there was a two drink minimum. Of course, she was fine with that!!! She really liked the food and atmosphere of the place.


This was cool, they had the outline of Texas made of license plates. I took a picture, and the flash made 'em all reflect!!!

From there we went to my parents' place to visit for a while, but didn't get to stay long because we had tickets to Phil Lesh & Friends. That was at the Greek Theatre, which was a new venue for me. Our seats were within around 10 rows, but it looked like just about anywhere in the place wouldn't be too far from the stage. The place was filled with old hippies and dead heads, which was pretty cool to see. Security kept getting on this one lady for doing her gypsy dance in the middle of the aisle, and there was plenty of smoke around. Bunch of bogarts all those old hippies are!!! I don't know how many songs they did that I didn't know, but there was only one that I knew, "Friend of the Devil", which I swear they added a few lines to. Even not knowing the music, it was pretty enjoyable. As I mentioned, the volume at the concert was nice, too, not loud to where you can't hear yourself think. My wife found the guitarist to be quite sexy. They did an intermission halfway through their set, and we left at that point. My wife hadn't dressed warmly enough, and we had to get the boys before it got too late, and it was a work day the next day. I would have liked to stay to see what other songs they did that I knew, but it didn't happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...and the flash made ém all reflect!!!"
Remembering good happenings.