Friday, August 17, 2007

Could It Get Better???


The other day was my birthday. It worked out really nicely. This is the first job I've ever had where I've gotten a day off for my birthday (it doesn't need to be on the very day, but they ask that you make it somewhere near it) so I asked for today off to make it a three day weekend.

On my actual birthday, when I got to work I was scheduled on printer #5, with a half hour float to my normal printer #73. I'm used to #73, but if I had my choice of any printer, it would have to be #5. And how's this to top that off, two of my normal #73 crew members were also assigned to #5 with me!!! Nice. One of 'em wrote the birthday wishes on my water cup, as well as writing me up a pass to skip a cycle. I told her that was a very cool present, as it had no expiration date, nor restrictions on cash value or transferability.

I bought myself the pliers in the picture. I don't really need them, but I've had my eye on them for a while. They're slick, they have a button that must be pushed before they'll adjust, so they won't be trying to slip around without my consent. I also bought myself a pizza from Papa John's for dinner. With the exception of a Chicago style pizza I once had, Papa John's is the best pizza I've ever had. There is no Papa John's near my home, but there is one less than a mile from my work that I've been thinking of patronizing for a while.

My parents had taken the oldest for a little trip with his cousin. He called me with birthday greetings, and then we were able to get the younger to bed easily to clear the way for some good 'ol birthday nookie from the wifey.

Could things get any better??? Well, yeah, they actually did!!! Remember the court case I had pending??? It had made for a few stressful days leading up to and including the first couple of days of the vacation, but finally the postponement came through. The court clerk was a real hardass about it, but due to my high functioning dyslexic tendencies I was finally able to get the hearing moved from the Friday I would have been on vacation. Turns out I had a couple of the digits in the defendants' addresses transposed, so the court mailings were coming back undeliverable. Got that squared away and the case was moved. Moved to the very day that I had requested off for my birthday, weeks prior to having any idea!!!

Had to wake up early today to get to court, and things went well. There was a different commissioner from the one I'd presented my case to last time, but other than that it played out quite similarly to last time. The defendants didn't show, the judge asked a few questions, then awarded me every dime of the amount I had prayed for, as well as court costs. Happy birthday to me!!! Now, on to collecting...

I guess 17 is pretty lucky, too!!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy birthday to you!!
Glad the court case went well as well.
Pics are great in the other post!!

Bethany said...

Hehe, I was just about to type almost word for word what Tammy wrote. She beat me to it!

Happy birthday!
I'm glad the court thing is done and that it went well. That's got to be a relief.
I also liked the pics on the past couple of posts. Neat stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hey aye! I've missed you and reading about you and your beautiful wife and family. Thank you for the pics and the update. Happy belated b-day my friend.
I love you
panks
kbfhs: kabila best for his serenity