Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lucky 13



Friday the 13th. What a day to have a court date!!! This stems back to the wreck of the Scirocco. I just re-read the post from that day, and boy was I wrong about their being no troubles being as they were insured. I have yet to see dime one from the insurance company (trust me, if you have Infinity Insurance, be prepared to be served, they SUCK ASS!!!).
Anyway, being as the statute of limitations for bodily injury runs out two years after the incident, I ended up having to take the driver at fault and the owner to court. Neither of them could be bothered to appear, but apparently the commissioner hearing the case will listen to the one side, and based on the merit of the case, make a judgement. The commissioner was quite liberal in her allowances, so I'll be getting a favorable judgement I'm sure. The only part I'm not sure how it will play out is how much she will actually allow for pain and suffering. She said she will consider that portion and I will be mailed the judgement, so I will find out.
Bad part was I had to file in the San Pedro court, because of where the accident occurred. As I drove down there this morning and back this afternoon, I was thankful that I don't work down there anymore. Good part is that it's a really nice courthouse compared to the downtown L.A. one. Small, and there is plenty of on-street parking. They were doing demolition on the lot diagonal from the courthouse, and it felt like 5-point earthquakes occasionally. I enjoy observing the legal process, and got to see a few cases before mine was up. Afterwards, I stayed and watched the remaining three.
Since I was in the area, I took a camera. Not my good camera, this week the rest of the family is at camp, and my camera is there, too. I would have gone, but last year it was in August, and I asked for the two most likely weeks off, and got one. As you can see, it's not in August this year. Anyway, I still had my previous camera, a Vivitar 3500 1.3 mega pixel. I dusted it off, and took a few shots of San Pedro.











Then, after all that, I drove from one end to the other of the 110 freeway,

took care of getting Janice transferred, went to a doctor's appointment,

picked up my prescriptions, and came home and took a nap.

And THAT'S why I'm up at 3:30 putting together a post!!!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Law can be kind of interesting. I'm glad I haven't actually required the legal process for any reason of my own, but it interesting anyway. The debaters I coach really got a kick out of the mock trial tournament held in my province's capitol on Law Day. I guess there must be a reason all those law shows are so interesting, huh?

Anonymous said...

I've been to the, "law library" on a daily basis, it seems as much lately. Might have been more exciting if I was fighting for myself or if I had ever dared to break the law!

With that said...the pic of the four huge looking testicles, I thought for sure, I'd click on it and see your adorable face, smack dap in the middle of it! Nope...
cause of the size...tee he
Thems mist be Xavier's!

Thanks for the shots!
wtpk

ydqvatfm: oh god

Your darling questionable vivaciousness always taunts for more
ha! cool baby

Doc said...

I can never remember who friday the 13th is lucky for, and who it's bad luck for. It's kind of one of those hit and miss things that I'll never really get.