Tuesday, July 17, 2007

15 Days


Fifteen days before the hearing is when I needed to have the defendants in my case served by. They were served on the 29th. Let's count together:



29-30-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13.


Yep. That's fifteen days to me. Apparently, the legal system has a different way of counting it, though. I received a notice from the court saying that service was not completed at least 15 days before the hearing date.

The good news is that, on the court's own motion, he trial has been continued to a later date. Bad news is it has been continued to a date where I will be on vacation out of state. I'll have to get a request to postpone form, get it to the court (all the fuckway to San Pedro again!!!) along with a $10 filing fee, mail copies to the defendants, and take yet another day off work. Sheesh, what a pain in the ass. Focus on the good part, it could easily have been dismissed. Hopefully the results are the same the second time, with the defendants not bothering to show up.

One of these days, I'll have to post about the vacation plans...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Ugh -- court sounds yucky.

... after that enlightening comment, what more is there to say? I can't wait to hear about the vacation plans!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in court.
Vaca plans sound fun!

Xayqfa: Xavier and Yvonne quietly flew away